chains

15 replies to this topic
  • wes782

Posted October 02, 2007 - 09:42 PM

Have any of you used a renthal R1 or the new sunline chains? if so how are they. ive always used did ert2s but i can get a good deal on the 2 i mentioned. which on is better thanks! and dont recommend o ring please.

• sandman3

Posted October 03, 2007 - 03:47 AM

I recently put the Renthal R1 on my 06 450, I love it , I get to use my tools every time i ride, I am now a third degree blackbelt in adjusting it every day. Do yourself a favor get a DID X ring. after the initial break-in it is hassle free.

• BBrown626

Posted October 03, 2007 - 06:20 AM

I have great luck with the DID X-ring too. Just clean, lube and ride.

• grayracer513

Posted October 03, 2007 - 07:24 AM

What do you like, riding or maintaining chains?

I use Regina ORN6 sealed chains. My maintenance program is: Wash it on the bike with Simple Green and low pressure water, lube it with Maxima Synthetic Chain Guard (non-sticky), ride it, repeat.

The one on the '03 is 27 months old, I've adjusted it 3 times (I think. It's hard to remember), and it's 0.7% longer than new (the manual allows you 2%).

• ThumperKid250F

Posted October 03, 2007 - 07:55 AM

why dont u like o rings.. thats all i use and they work great

• wes782

Posted October 03, 2007 - 12:33 PM

all i do is race and orings are too heavy, i dont like them i dont see a need for them at all. i just want a chain that wont stretch too much so it seems the R1 does that. anyone know anything about the sunline chains?

• grayracer513

Posted October 03, 2007 - 12:58 PM

orings are too heavy, i dont like them ... i just want a chain that wont stretch too much ...

The Regina ORN6 is all of 3 ounces heavier than their premium non-sealed RX3.

Your second reason is more valid than the first, but if you really are tired of chains stretching, the ORN6 cures that problem. Whether the R1, or any non-sealed chain will depends entirely on how much work you want to put into it.

• wes782

Posted October 03, 2007 - 01:47 PM

ok that may be the case but its also a money factor.... so out of the renthal and sunline what would you go with? those are the ones i can get a deal one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted October 03, 2007 - 01:59 PM

ok that may be the case but its also a money factor.... so out of the renthal and sunline what would you go with? those are the ones i can get a deal one.

I do not like oring xring or toering chains either.......:confused:
The Renthal is a decent chain....don't know about Sunline

What is the price compared ot a DIDERT2? I use these exclusively also:thumbsup:

• wes782

Posted October 03, 2007 - 02:04 PM

well i can get them half off so like 35 bucks...

• Ga426owner

Posted October 03, 2007 - 02:10 PM

well i can get them half off so like 35 bucks...

fantastic price.....2 R1 for 1 DID.....sponsership must be nice:applause:

What Sprockets r u going with?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 03, 2007 - 02:42 PM

all i do is race and orings are too heavy

are you bubba or rickey? you wont notice the difference

i dont like them i dont see a need for them at all

what dont you like, you can still get them in gold or whatever color you like. check out this site its helpful http://www.quality-c...ycle_chains.htm

hope this helps

• steve_97060

Posted October 03, 2007 - 03:35 PM

check this price out for a DID ERT2 gold chain, unbelieveable.. see if you can find one elsewhere cheaper..

http://www.chaparral...t=False&GiftID=

• wes782

Posted October 03, 2007 - 03:39 PM

are you bubba or rickey? you wont notice the difference

what dont you like, you can still get them in gold or whatever color you like. check out this site its helpful http://www.quality-c...ycle_chains.htm

hope this helps

nope im not ty davis either. i dont want or need o ring its not that hard of a concept. now can someone just answer my question.

• wes782

Posted October 03, 2007 - 03:54 PM

fantastic price.....2 R1 for 1 DID.....sponsership must be nice:applause:

What Sprockets r u going with?

im not getting any yet i jsut bought my bike and havent rode it yet i hate stock chains and dont trust them. so the sprockets havent even been worn yet.

• MotoXT

Posted October 03, 2007 - 05:42 PM

I do not like oring xring or toering chains either.......:confused:
The Renthal is a decent chain....don't know about Sunline

What is the price compared ot a DIDERT2? I use these exclusively also:thumbsup:

I've got the ERT2 and it's done nothing but stretch since I've had it. Needs adjustment about every 3 hours of seat time. Do you find the same thing?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.