Calling all XRL guru's

6 replies to this topic
  • Frank ZX

Posted October 02, 2007 - 03:12 PM

Hey Guy's,I found a CRF450 front wheel.I know the wheel is different.What I need to know is can I put my XR650L wheel bearings in the CRF450 wheel to make it work?

• Frank ZX

Posted October 02, 2007 - 04:53 PM

Come on, someone's got to know!

• cleonard

Posted October 02, 2007 - 05:53 PM

I think that you can forget it.

450X uses a 6904 bearing that is 20mm x 37mm x 9mm

650L uses a 6003 bearing that is 17mm x 35mm x 10mm

You would need to find a bearing that has a 17mm ID and a 37mm OD. Don't think you are going to find it. Not 100% sure if a 10mm wide one would work or if you would need to find a 9mm wide one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted October 02, 2007 - 06:27 PM

Just buy the front forks and the wheel will fit i GUARANTEE that LOL make an awesome front upgrade too!!

• Frank ZX

Posted October 02, 2007 - 10:06 PM

Thanks Guy's for your help!I guess I'll let this one get away

• machman

Posted October 03, 2007 - 07:23 AM

It wouldn't be that much work if you really wanted to do it. There are two options:
-Call a bearing company like Motion Industries and ask them if they have a bearing that matches the required parameters
-If not, have a machinest build you a sleeve to increase the effective ID of your axle

After that you may need to do some work building spacers to center your wheel and a bracket to relocate your caliper, but I'm not certain about that.

• martinfan30

Posted October 03, 2007 - 07:33 AM

just try to find cr forks with the wheel and brakes. then you can find the rest that you will need at emigracing.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.