What to buy 2008 450F exhaust system

29 replies to this topic
  • gtxkid

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:30 PM

Is ther anything to gain for Sen B rider.:confused: :confused:
Would have to be light and make more power down low.
Will have to see if anyone makes a shorty like the factory one.:confused:
Greg

• matts06yzf

Posted October 02, 2007 - 05:04 AM

Is ther anything to gain for Sen B rider.:confused: :confused:
Would have to be light and make more power down low.
Will have to see if anyone makes a shorty like the factory one.:confused:
Greg

1st there is NO One that makes a shorty, Yet. I have Dr d on my 08 from my 06 and its great. Do a search tons on here:applause:

• Ga426owner

Posted October 02, 2007 - 06:28 AM

1st there is NO One that makes a shorty, Yet. I have Dr d on my 08 from my 06 and its great. Do a search tons on here:applause:

well as of yet.....but I think we will see some shorties sooner than later from the aftermkt

• adamdf

Posted October 02, 2007 - 06:40 AM

well as of yet.....but I think we will see some shorties sooner than later from the aftermkt

Isn't it going to be quite difficult to make a shorty that offers performance gain and isn't extremely loud? I am inclined to think we won't be seeing them as soon as we would like.

• grayracer513

Posted October 02, 2007 - 09:09 AM

Isn't it going to be quite difficult to make a shorty that offers performance gain and isn't extremely loud? I am inclined to think we won't be seeing them as soon as we would like.

Unless a different technology than was employed in the '08 muffler is used, no such muffler will ever exist. Double perforated cones are, I'm sorry, a simplistic, shortcut approach, and one that I'm surprised to see taken. The typical aftermarket "glasspack" won't do it, either.

• CANUCKER

Posted October 08, 2007 - 11:08 PM

nothing yet! im suprised

wonder how long it is going to take?

• stroker101

Posted October 09, 2007 - 03:22 AM

has anyone tried changing the gearing to help with the mild low end? i was wondering if something else could be done vs. an $800 exhuast

• 01yz426

Posted October 10, 2007 - 08:33 PM

I rode mine on the tight trails of Mt. Rainier Washington with stock everything... And loved it, and I weight around 236lbs... Now, in the sand is where I notice the bottem end or lag of bottem end that is, but with a simple sprocket swap that should be managable...

• CLAPPED OUT

Posted October 11, 2007 - 10:57 AM

I Was Wondering If The Pro Moto Billet End Cap Will Work On The Stock 2008 Muffler?i Realy Want A Spark Arrester So I Dont Get Ticketed.

• grayracer513

Posted October 11, 2007 - 11:32 AM

I see no reason to expect the PMB end cap for an earlier model to work on the '08.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer808

Posted October 11, 2007 - 11:36 AM

I would have to take a closer look at my shorty on my 08, but I dont think you can even remove the end cap

• CLAPPED OUT

Posted October 11, 2007 - 12:54 PM

I Just Haven't Seen The 07 Stock Muffler Design.i Guess I Should Have Gone To The Dealer To See If The 07 End Cap Was Similair.im New To 4 Strokes And New To Yamaha.

• IDAHOBALLER

Posted October 11, 2007 - 02:44 PM

I see no reason to expect the PMB end cap for an earlier model to work on the '08.

I have checked into this and they are in fact different and the model for the 06-07 will not fit the 08 shorty pipe.

PMB is located very close to me and I actually have a buddy with an 08 450 that just got done testing the prototype end cap for the bike. I was told by PMB to expect it to be available within a few weeks. They are just finalizing everything at this point and getting ready for mass production.

• grayracer513

Posted October 11, 2007 - 02:55 PM

I'm thinking of a PMB end cap for the '08 with a quiet core and sort of snickering to myself.

The whole thing reminds me a little of the "bazooka pipe" on my '73 Maico 450. The bike had a low mounted expansion chamber as was the style of the times for real Euro racers, and the pipe was called that because of how long the silencer section was. It worked so well that it came in a 88 db; street legal sound levels in California at that time. :confused: :confused:

• CLAPPED OUT

Posted October 11, 2007 - 03:05 PM

Thanks For The Info,that Will Be My Next Purchase.
I Hope They Make An Anodized Red One To Match My Levers.

• IDAHOBALLER

Posted October 11, 2007 - 05:40 PM

Thanks For The Info,that Will Be My Next Purchase.
I Hope They Make An Anodized Red One To Match My Levers.

The one that he tested was a red one so I would be willing to bet that they will make them red in addition to black/silver/blue for the yamahas.

• salasmauricio

Posted October 28, 2007 - 01:15 PM

I put a Pro Circuit T4 on my 2008 YZ and it works great.

• 917 rider

Posted October 28, 2007 - 02:48 PM

just put the 08 dr.d on...........wow who could want anything more tons of power everywere:cheers: :worthy:

• DPW

Posted October 28, 2007 - 04:28 PM

there is a stock '08 system on eBay...

• MC214

Posted October 28, 2007 - 04:41 PM

I have about 24 hrs on my 08`and did agearing change up to a 50 tooth.I am still looking for more down low .Any good slip on`s out there yet that any know`s about .I am a +30A rider.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.