I have Jetting problems, need help.

3 replies to this topic
  • YzEdge

Posted October 01, 2007 - 06:32 PM

My 06 yz450 is backfiring and poping when I shut down the throttle. Heres what I got, a full two bros exoust system with a boysen quickshot excelarator pump a 170 main and a 48 pilot jet my fuel screw is @ 3 turns out, Ive cleaned my carb and checked my hot choke for extra tension its all good. I was told to richen it up butt how rich do I go, my elavation is about 2400ft, I live in the SoCal high desert.

• rexbond007

Posted October 01, 2007 - 06:36 PM

try a 175 main and move the clip down on your needle and try it. it's all trial and error. if your 3 turns or more it's time to go up one size in the pilot.
read your manual it's in there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YzEdge

Posted October 01, 2007 - 06:56 PM

I did have a 175 main jet in there for a little while it did run slightly better untill I raced at GlenHelen, with the altitude change it was back to poping real bad again, I put the 170 back in because I thought the 175 might have been a little too rich on the top side and I needed to richen up the bottom end 0-1/4 throttle.

• grayracer513

Posted October 01, 2007 - 07:29 PM

IMO, you're richer than you need to be already. I run a 165/45/needle in 4 on both my '06's, and they run fine. Yes, they both pop a little, but so what?

If yours is popping excessively, I would look at the exhaust. You most likely have an air leak in it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.