http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=558458

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 01, 2007 - 03:14 PM

...in the YZ/WR 250f forum...Discuss

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=558458

you brought up alot of good points...:confused:

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 01, 2007 - 05:56 PM

Rider skill and close ratio gearing played into this... In my racing either GP's or hare scrambles the starts are always dead engine... I kick, I do not use the button... I usually end up winning the drag race to the first turn over the other 4 strokes... It's the damn 2 stroke 250's that I cannot hang with on the start... they start faster and are like a rocket off the line

My next race bike may very well be a YZ250 ringa-dinger:thumbsup:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 01, 2007 - 07:09 PM

interesting reading... but why would anyone want to drag race an enduro bike like the WR. Its beauty lies in the fact that its a gentle giant.

You'd have to race for 80 miles over challenging terrain to see the difference between these two bikes.

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 01, 2007 - 07:24 PM

interesting reading... but why would anyone want to drag race an enduro bike like the WR. Its beauty lies in the fact that its a gentle giant.

You'd have to race for 80 miles over challenging terrain to see the difference between these two bikes.

I just find it very hard to believe that a 250f has anything for a WR 450f in a straight line. I mean, the torque of the 450 engine is more than enough to overcome the wide ratio tranny.

I know what you're saying, on the MXtrack, the MX suspension and light weight would trump anything the big dub has to offer and in the woods or dez the WR would dominate.

Every 250f I've ridden has felt slow. Either this guy posted to get a rise out of people or the '08 YZ 250f is really that fast :confused:

• redswr

Posted October 01, 2007 - 07:39 PM

i bet if the guy on the wr launched a gear higher he could have taken him easy. i usually drag in the sand and i always take off in 3rd on my 07 with all the mods.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt James

Posted October 01, 2007 - 07:41 PM

Unless they swapped bikes a few times, it only shows that the guy on the 250
is a better drag racer.

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 01, 2007 - 08:48 PM

i bet if the guy on the wr launched a gear higher he could have taken him easy. i usually drag in the sand and i always take off in 3rd on my 07 with all the mods.

No kiddin. Launching from 3rd on the WR is like launching from 2nd on my old TT-R. This thing has torque up the wazoo.

• erickdj

Posted October 01, 2007 - 08:55 PM

I call BS, the WR would either have to be raced by an incompetent rider or there would have to be something wrong with it mechanically. I have tried a few 250f's and they do "feel" like they are pretty fast because of their light weight, but I have yet to find one 250f that has anything on my wr450. My wr450 is ridiculously fast if I really get on the throttle, when I use the yz pipe on it the speed is unbelievable once I get past 3rd gear. If that guy ever makes a trip to california with his 250f I'd like to see him eat my wr450's dust. I don't even want to think how badly he would lose if I dropped my front sprocket to a 13 tooth. I understand he's really happy with his new 08 yzf, but he has to cut back on the BS.

What do you think Joe?? Does he have anything on our wr450's with his 250f??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:06 PM

I don't even want to think how badly he would lose if I dropped my front sprocket to a 13 tooth. I understand he's really happy with his new 08 yzf, but he has to cut back on the BS.

What do you think Joe?? Does he have anything on our wr450's with his 250f??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :applause:

You already have a 13t cs :confused: Its the 03-06 that have a 14t cs stock:thumbsup:

A roll on in each gear (as opposed to a standing start) or like Matt James suggested the riders swapping bike would be the only way to take the rider out of the equasion and make it strickly about the bike.

Is there anybody out there that will let me flog their '08 YZ 250f? :confused: I promise to return it in one piece:busted: :applause:

• erickdj

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:11 PM

You already have a 13t cs :confused: Its the 03-06 that have a 14t cs stock:thumbsup:

A roll on in each gear (as opposed to a standing start) or like Matt James suggested the riders swapping bike would be the only way to take the rider out of the equasion and make it strickly about the bike.

Is there anybody out there that will let me flog their '08 YZ 250f? :confused: I promise to return it in one piece:busted: :confused:

Oh, ok, I was really thinking I had a 14t CS, my bad. You should be able to find guys with new yz's at carnegie in the next few weeks, maybe one of them would be willing to race your "heavy and slow" WR. :confused:

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:16 PM

Oh, ok, I was really thinking I had a 14t CS, my bad. You should be able to find guys with new yz's at carnegie in the next few weeks, maybe one of them would be willing to race your "heavy and slow" WR. :confused:

True that.

• Dominion

Posted October 03, 2007 - 02:31 PM

I added my imput

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.