Another proud 08 450f Owner Pic and Ride Report!

30 replies to this topic
  • 99raptor

Posted October 10, 2007 - 04:39 PM

good lookin' bike

• yz250o2

Posted October 10, 2007 - 06:11 PM

I pulled the trigger on my 2008 yz450f. I am going riding at Marysville Riverfront thursday, I got the blue thumper.

• WileE1

Posted October 10, 2007 - 07:17 PM

Man, This sucks......

Got in over my head this last weekend. compound fracture broke my fibula and tibia left leg....

Only second ride on the bike too... I'm in a bit of pain right now so this post will end shortly. I still love the bike, cant wait to get back on it. I was feeling overconfident and I got throttle happy on a table top. I didnt back off the throttle in time and when I was airborn the bike went verticle and instead of hit the back brake to try and level it, I panecked and jump off the back. I was trying to ride it like my 250f and well.... Well the rest of the story= ambulance, surgery, rod and screws.

The bike has nearly no scratches or damage. No the bike is not for sale, and YES, I will be back.

• WileE1

Posted October 10, 2007 - 07:19 PM

:confused: Sorry to hear your new steed turned on you already!(Calif. forum)Get healed up quick!

Thanks bro! I'm focused on it for sure!

• WileE1

Posted October 10, 2007 - 07:31 PM

I never got to a point where I was worried that I had given it too much throttle was going to find myself air lifted because of the sudden explosive hit.

Well I stated that too soon!:confused: smooth roll on power no doubt but I was sleeping and got one hell of a wakeup call. Oh boy, time to shut up! the Codine is waring off, I gotta get my leg elavated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz250o2

Posted October 10, 2007 - 08:01 PM

Why did it have to be a compound fracture.......god speed willie. I haven't even ridden mine yet....I haven't ridden a 4stroke for more than 10 hours lol. I am in for a steep transition from a 250 2 stroke. Going to be a blast....Im ordering that DR.D also.
One thing also is that I really didn't like the WELDs that Yamaha had. I was going to buy one from Vacaville and I didn't buy the bike because the welds looked like I welded it. I went 30 miles down the highway into Napa Valley and looked at their 08.....much cleaner welds. I don't know if you guys reconized that or not, but Im not trying to go off a triple and fold the frame.

• grayracer513

Posted October 10, 2007 - 08:03 PM

Man, This sucks......

Got in over my head this last weekend. compound fracture broke my fibula and tibia left leg....

The bike has nearly no scratches or damage. No the bike is not for sale, and YES, I will be back.

I heard about that. Bummer. Heal quick.

Once, one of my BSA Goldstar playbikes rose up into what was certainly (I thought) an unrecoverably past vertical wheelie coming over the top of a short climb. After I bailed off (with minimal damage) the bike found itself rebalanced, rode its own wheelie for a while, then landed, rolled on down the trail a ways, and leaned itself neatly against a stout bush, like it knew what it was doing. :confused: My buddies came over the hill and saw the whole thing. Laughed hysterically for the next 5 minutes. :confused: :confused: :confused:

• kx1984

Posted October 13, 2007 - 06:56 PM

This process is entirely unnecessary ( I hate to tell you that now, but it's true). You can change the jets without moving the carb at all.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=556427

Of course, the tank does have to come off to remove the needle, but how much different is that?

I can get the subframe off and to the carb in about 4 minutes. I would have spent much more time trying to invent or locate the debrit needed to make those tools. I think Zip tie racing makes a pilot jet tool . My experience has been that trying to replace the pilot jet with the carb vertical is that I end up dropping the jet onto the countershaft sprocket about 10 times and get to clean it inbetween each attempt.

• grayracer513

Posted October 13, 2007 - 09:06 PM

Suit yourself. But if you make a jet insertion tool as in the link I posted and you'll never drop another one. Takes me less than 5 minutes to change a pilot jet now.

• Butta

Posted October 14, 2007 - 08:25 AM

I can get the subframe off and to the carb in about 4 minutes. I would have spent much more time trying to invent or locate the debrit needed to make those tools. I think Zip tie racing makes a pilot jet tool . My experience has been that trying to replace the pilot jet with the carb vertical is that I end up dropping the jet onto the countershaft sprocket about 10 times and get to clean it inbetween each attempt.

Put a cloth down to catch it before it gets to the dirty sprocket.....just a thought.

• todds924

Posted October 14, 2007 - 06:15 PM

Put a cloth down to catch it before it gets to the dirty sprocket.....just a thought.

It also helps to take off your countershaft cover if you got big hands and find that putting the jet back in is a problem. It gives you a little more monkey room to work. Those pilot jet tools are the way to go though.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.