XR650L + Keihin FCR 41mm pumper: tuning advice sought for 3000'

12 replies to this topic
  • machman

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:43 AM

I just won an FCR on ebay last night. I wonder if any of you have tuned this carb on this bike at this elevation. I'm just looking for a baseline so I know where to start when I get it. It came from a well tuned LC4 at 600' so I'm guessing I'll need to make some adjustments.

Mods I'll have are as follows:
-White Bros Header
-Supertrapp muffler with 18 discs
-10.5:1 +1mm piston
-Hot Cams Stage 1 cam
-K&N pod filter

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've done some searching and just thought it'd be easier to ask the question directly. I know there's a lot of knowledge here.:confused:

• martinfan30

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:47 AM

I just won an FCR on ebay last night. I wonder if any of you have tuned this carb on this bike at this elevation. I'm just looking for a baseline so I know where to start when I get it. It came from a well tuned LC4 at 600' so I'm guessing I'll need to make some adjustments.

Mods I'll have are as follows:
-White Bros Header
-Supertrapp muffler with 18 discs
-10.5:1 +1mm piston
-Hot Cams Stage 1 cam
-K&N pod filter

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've done some searching and just thought it'd be easier to ask the question directly. I know there's a lot of knowledge here.:confused:

i have the same setup minus cam/piston. i am at 4300 ft. and jetted my slant fcr 160/55 at first and ran great. now i'm at 158/52 but i think i'm a little lean down low. i'll prob. go back to 55/158. get an after market fuel screw too. without it you cant adjust the fuel screw without yanking carb/rotating it. which fcr did you get?

• Denn10

Posted October 01, 2007 - 10:26 AM

THAT carb SUCKS for an L at your elevation you CANT tune it for shit so SELL it to me cuz im at 3300 and it will work MUCH BETTERER for me!!!! Dont listen to MARTIN hes a CLOWN LOVER!!!

• martinfan30

Posted October 01, 2007 - 11:05 AM

THAT carb SUCKS for an L at your elevation you CANT tune it for shit so SELL it to me cuz im at 3300 and it will work MUCH BETTERER for me!!!! Dont listen to MARTIN hes a CLOWN LOVER!!!

HAHAHA!:confused:

• machman

Posted October 01, 2007 - 11:26 AM

SOLD ! ! ! I'll take $25:thumbsup: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

There's great deals on these things. I paid $250 for mine. It's the slant body.

• machman

Posted October 01, 2007 - 11:27 AM

get an after market fuel screw too. without it you cant adjust the fuel screw without yanking carb/rotating it. which fcr did you get?

Any suggestions on who makes these for the FCR slant body?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted October 01, 2007 - 12:30 PM

Any suggestions on who makes these for the FCR slant body?

mine was made by research / design i think.

http://www.koubalink.../fuelscrew.html

they have one too.

• machman

Posted October 01, 2007 - 02:22 PM

Thanks man, just ordered one.:confused: :confused:

• martinfan30

Posted October 01, 2007 - 02:24 PM

makes adjusting the pilot circuit a snap!

• machman

Posted October 01, 2007 - 07:01 PM

Also noticed XRs Only has one with a long handle on it.

• machman

Posted October 18, 2007 - 02:03 PM

Got one locally for the same money.

Anyone have other impressions/confirmation of the right jetting for this carb at this elevation?

• exaresix

Posted October 18, 2007 - 06:45 PM

I'm going to order an extension...I've had bad luck with the replacement screws.

• martinfan30

Posted October 19, 2007 - 11:31 AM

I'm going to order an extension...I've had bad luck with the replacement screws.

hows the mx version working out for you?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.