DRD press release for 08 exhuast system.

9 replies to this topic
  • adamdf

Posted October 01, 2007 - 06:18 AM

http://www.racerxill...450f-titi-.aspx

I know we had discussed in another thread that there was not an exhuast made specifically for the 08 YZ450 as yet and that the 07 exhuasts will work. However i just stumbled across this press release on the racerx website and i take it to be a confirmation that DRD has infact started production of the 08 exhuast and it seems that it is available now. If you scroll to the bottom of the link, they also list the part number.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted October 01, 2007 - 08:22 AM

very nice dr.d is the best :confused:

• IDAHOBALLER

Posted October 01, 2007 - 08:36 AM

Thanks for the link.

I hope they are making the stainless/aluminum versions of the exhaust as well. I see no reason to spend almost $800 on a pipe to save 2lbs or whatever.

• adamdf

Posted October 01, 2007 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the link.

I hope they are making the stainless/aluminum versions of the exhaust as well. I see no reason to spend almost $800 on a pipe to save 2lbs or whatever.

I'm sure you can get it in stainless/aluminum.

• bedell99

Posted October 01, 2007 - 06:51 PM

MXA reviewed it in the new issue and gave it 5 stars.

Erik

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz250o2

Posted October 04, 2007 - 12:27 PM

Tell me why I called doubach and the lady said that the exhuast is the same part number as the 07 TI/TI exhaust......ITS THE SAME DAMN EXHAUST!!:confused:

• racerxx276

Posted October 04, 2007 - 01:13 PM

lots of conflicting reports... I called DR d also and they said they were all the same part #. Someone posted that doug was testing different head pipes for the 08... don't know who to believe...

• grayracer513

Posted October 04, 2007 - 01:43 PM

Well, we already have testimony here from more than one guy who put the earlier pipe on his '08 and was at least satisfied (if not delirious) about the results. So, if you're feeling impatient, I'd just do it. Odds are that if the '08 version, when and if it comes along, is actually any better, the difference will most likely be marginal.

• matts06yzf

Posted October 04, 2007 - 04:33 PM

ITS THE SAME PIPE AS 06-07. I have talked with them several times.

• DPW

Posted October 06, 2007 - 04:06 PM

let me add my .02$... they came out with a new exhaust that replaces the previous unit and is for '06-08 YZ450F...

There is not a new exhaust designed just for the '08....

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.