Anybody fitted a large "baja" headlight

8 replies to this topic
  • Lennie

Posted October 01, 2007 - 03:53 AM

Hello,

I want to fit a like like the one shown below to my 2004 WR450. Ive seen them avalable from various companies but dont really know much about them. Does anybody have any good info on fitting them, the other mods the bike will need to run it? Also is there any specific kits people have used they would recomend?

Cheers

Lennie.

Posted Image

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 01, 2007 - 08:11 AM

check out baja designs...i know when i did my dual sport i had to do a stator mod (changes the charging system to 12v)...for that light they may want you to have your stator rewound. that head light is more than possible on your bike...like i said give them a call they know their stuff.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 01, 2007 - 07:05 PM

I saved a fortune and got a helmet light for $80. Its pretty darn bright and costs a lot less. www.helmetlight.com

• Matt James

Posted October 01, 2007 - 07:39 PM

This is on a 05, WR250, baja designs. Everything worked like they said.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrmarty

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:50 PM

Posted Image

Does your battery remain at full charge when you run the light? Did you have to do anything to the stator? I was told this last weekend that Yamahas don't put out enough DC vs AC (or maybe reverse) power and that will make the batteries go dead eventually, unless stator is upgraded.

• Matt James

Posted October 01, 2007 - 10:29 PM

Mine is halogen and runs off ac, so the battery is not effected. My system is stock. If you go to the HID you need dc and therefore run off the battery. Then the stator needs to be modified. Your decision is do you want HID or can you live with halogen.

• Lennie

Posted October 01, 2007 - 10:57 PM

Posted Image

What other mods did the bike need to run the light? anything like stator mods etc ?

Cheers

Lennie.

• Matt James

Posted October 02, 2007 - 05:37 PM

It needed no mods, all electrical is stock.

• matt4x4

Posted October 03, 2007 - 10:55 AM

pretty cool ones at trail tech too!
http://trailtech.net...ail_lights.html

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.