bark busters on tripple clamp mount

10 replies to this topic
  • NavyNuke

Posted September 30, 2007 - 07:19 PM

Well I've been running cycra propend bark busters, with the tripple clamp mounts. all was good, except that I kept bending/breaking the mounting bolts. several on the end, and the center. finally decided to go back to regular clamp mounts. Just something to think about, if you don't absouletly need the bar space for mounting, you may want to use the regular bar clamps.

now anyone want some tripple mounts from cycra :confused: cheap

• tony1970

Posted September 30, 2007 - 08:35 PM

PMed ya'

• resinlips

Posted October 01, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Try some of these babies!
Posted Image

• NavyNuke

Posted October 02, 2007 - 07:30 AM

same problem I had with tripple clamp mounts. the mounts DON'T MOVE so when I fall down go boom, the thing that gives is the bolts in the bar ends, and at the end of the solid mounts. I snapped 3 bolts, and bent a few others. even lost a bark buster.

like this bar end bolt from my last race
Posted Image

• yamageezer

Posted October 02, 2007 - 12:43 PM

Well I've been running cycra propend bark busters, with the tripple clamp mounts. all was good, except that I kept bending/breaking the mounting bolts. several on the end, and the center. finally decided to go back to regular clamp mounts. Just something to think about, if you don't absouletly need the bar space for mounting, you may want to use the regular bar clamps.

now anyone want some tripple mounts from cycra :confused: cheap

Have you tried longer and stronger bolts? I had to run longer bolts in mine just so that I didn't strip out the holes if I had a hard inpact.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NavyNuke

Posted October 02, 2007 - 01:31 PM

bolts ran all the way through the mounts, grade 5 or 8 broke the 8, bent the piss out of 5s. thats one the cycra bolts for the bar end. and its only a little bent, but sure makes it hard to take apart.

I guess I'm better at crashing hard on them than most. is that something to be proud of??:confused:

• Solo

Posted October 02, 2007 - 03:37 PM

Cycra makes a set of HD bar ends. Did you try those Nuke?

• NavyNuke

Posted October 02, 2007 - 03:57 PM

tried cycra/accerbis/moose bar inserts. managed to bend them all

• Hillclimber 112

Posted October 02, 2007 - 04:55 PM

Where did you get those "BONZ"? I just had to buy a brake lever $41.00. I dont want to do that again!

Todd

• NavyNuke

Posted October 02, 2007 - 05:43 PM

Where did you get those "BONZ"? I just had to buy a brake lever $41.00. I dont want to do that again!

Todd

Shoulda got the unbreakable avs levers. similar price, and unbreakable, guarenteed.

• resinlips

Posted October 02, 2007 - 05:46 PM

Todd

Bikebonz.com
They are very strong and lighter than they look. If you get creative and relieve the foam just right the pad still fits. They will cost ya!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.