Can't ride for 6 mth.rebuild or not to rebuild

My trusty 01 650r has at least 20 thousand on it (still runs great).I won't be able to ride for a while,thinking I could freshen her up while I recupe,or just leave it be??? Havn't done any internal mods just fresh oil, filters and valve adjustments(not that many but checked often)Rode very hard all the time.What do you guys think??

My valves got to the point that I did not have any adjustment left and they needed setting after a couple hundred miles. Don't wait till it goes that far. If you don't have to adjust the valves frequently, you're still good. I had 19K on mine. Usually a rebuild and valve job is recommend around 12K, but mine still ran good right to the end. I'm glad it didn't blow before I had it rebuilt.I couldn't believe how much better it ran after the top end and valve job.

If you ride tight stuff or rox don't do the HC piston. It makes the bike more likely to stall and you'll have to clutch more.

I should probably of said I found the 650 does not lug down as well with a HC piston. JMO