Edelbrock in OZ

2 replies to this topic
  • Ian_FE501

Posted September 30, 2007 - 04:24 PM

Hi all,
Bit the bullet and bought one of these jiggers, very impressed all round:
Denise at Barnums is very helpfull and replies quickly to emails.
Ordered the unit 7 Sep received 29 Sep.
Payed with CC via Paypal - very cool system.
USPS have a neat tracking system.
Carby is a quality product, fiited without reverting to alcohol.
The carby setting was too rich to start with at 12 clicks on the adjuster but quickly sorted it - about 18-20 clicks I think. Did a big ride yesterday and noted the following:
More mid range power - easier to hold wheelies, just works better all round
Has all but fixed the throttle "stiction/suction" that made mine hellish to ride on the road - had to clutch when transitioning mid corner to counter the snatch.
More economical.
I do have one concern, there is no choke/enricher system, is this going to be a problem cold starting in the winter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • metisse

Posted September 30, 2007 - 05:27 PM

nope - well below freezing just acouple of pumps and you start right up - if it is really cold, setting the idle up a bit helps - best mod you can make to the 600 and the 650

• husky123

Posted October 01, 2007 - 04:12 AM

Yep the Barnums are great to deal with.

I got mine the other day too and had to take it to 9 from full rich! (fmf full system, open airbox) The idle had a hanging lean condition at 12. Anywho's, this is my 3rd Edel QS (2 on 650R's, 1 on 650L) and I just love 'em!

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.