winterize??????????

9 replies to this topic
  • chevytrkn1

Posted September 29, 2007 - 07:54 PM

Well only got 200 miles on bike and we already got snowe on the ground. So i started thinking about wintereizing my bike soon. Whats does everyone do for storage?

thanks

• pjriss

Posted September 29, 2007 - 08:00 PM

Posted Image

Sorry I couldn't resist..:confused:

• clark4131

Posted September 29, 2007 - 08:07 PM

Fill the tank with new gas and add stabilizer. Change the oil/filter, remove the spark plug and put a teaspoon of oil into the top of the cylinder. Drain the carb. Put the bike on a stand off of the wheels. Take out the battery and put it on a tender. If you've got semi-fresh coolant/antifreeze, you should be fine. If it's questionable, then change it. That should be it...SC

• chevytrkn1

Posted September 29, 2007 - 08:18 PM

Just bought the bike less than a month ago, got fresh oil in it. dont mind winter coming. have two snowmobiles sitting in garage ready to get ridden.

would have liked to get a few more miles on bike though

• fox1999

Posted September 29, 2007 - 09:18 PM

Fill the tank with new gas and add stabilizer. Change the oil/filter, remove the spark plug and put a teaspoon of oil into the top of the cylinder. Drain the carb. Put the bike on a stand off of the wheels. Take out the battery and put it on a tender. If you've got semi-fresh coolant/antifreeze, you should be fine. If it's questionable, then change it. That should be it...SC

when you put oil in down the spark hole what do you do? just put put the plug in? what kinda oil do you put in?

will the battery go dead if its left in?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted September 29, 2007 - 10:52 PM

You just use the same oil as in the crankcase, then put the plug back in. Pulling the battery will keep it from corroding at the cable connections and keeping it on the tender will keep it fresh and charged for when you're ready to ride again...SC

• tmckeown

Posted September 30, 2007 - 02:33 AM

Drive :confused: I just took my bike out and I'll drive with it 3 times a week thru winter

Timo McKeown

• MountainMax

Posted September 30, 2007 - 06:33 AM

We also had two snowfalls so far this year but im not putting my bike away just yet, im hoping for at least one more warm day so i can go for a ride, then I will also be doing exactly what you guys listed above except I drain my fuel tank, and run the engine to burn the gas out of the carb. Next year you will want new fresh gas anyhow so I don't see anyone wasting money on fuel stabilizer.

• fox1999

Posted September 30, 2007 - 02:38 PM

You just use the same oil as in the crankcase, then put the plug back in. Pulling the battery will keep it from corroding at the cable connections and keeping it on the tender will keep it fresh and charged for when you're ready to ride again...SC

ive heard of starting the with the kill switch in
?

• chevytrkn1

Posted September 30, 2007 - 03:35 PM

I dont plan on putting it away yet but thought i better get prepared, I hope to get another few rides in.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.