08 intake valve out of spec?

3 replies to this topic
  • Dirtbiker05

Posted September 29, 2007 - 03:33 PM

hey guys, i just checked my valves on my 08 i got a little over a month ago and the left intake is out of spec but not by much. im gonna shim it into spec monday, but i was just wondering if it is normal for them to go out of spec after break in? its not hard to start or anything like that, i just checked them out of curiousty. all the rest of the intake and exhaust are fine. also, when i got to put in the new shim, is there anything i need to look out for? i did this a couple of times on my 02 yz250f, just wondering if there is anything different i need to watch when adjusting them on the 08. thanks. cheers. :confused:

• rexbond007

Posted September 29, 2007 - 06:10 PM

i checked my 07 when i first got it. and the clearence are on the tight side of spec. i was worried, it starts fine.
according to gray it's yamaha's practice to shim on the tight side. so i left it.
still starts in three kicks from cold. 50 hrs later

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted September 30, 2007 - 12:26 PM

yah,I do think that the valves are on the tight side you you first get them. i still had to shimm mine at less than 10 hours on a 2007

• Dirtbiker05

Posted September 30, 2007 - 01:31 PM

thanks guys. i didnt know what to think. man this thing is real tight to work on. :confused:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.