2000 WR400F - oil in stator chamber

3 replies to this topic
  • jarado

Posted September 29, 2007 - 04:14 AM

hi there. i pulled my stator cover off my WR and approx 100mm of oil came out. is this normal? should oil be in there? where could it be coming from?

any help appreciated!!!!!!:confused:

• brt 426

Posted September 29, 2007 - 05:54 AM

Hello,
Yes there should be oil in there. Behind the stator assembly is the cam chain etc. So the whole lot runs in oil. If you didn't want oil to run out , say you where changing the gasket for instance. You could have idled the engine for 3 minutes and the oil would have been pumped back into the top of the frame. But it would drain back into the sump after a while.
Hope this helps

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustinw

Posted September 29, 2007 - 02:47 PM

Most bikes have a wet stator to go along with that wet clutch, so no worries, this is expected.

• jarado

Posted September 29, 2007 - 05:12 PM

Phew! Thanks heaps guys... I was a bit worried there. :confused:) Appreciate the quick response.

Cheers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.