Borynack suspension report (thanks)

21 replies to this topic
  • RMW650R

Posted October 22, 2007 - 11:56 AM

I'm new to the site and i have bought some weeks ago an 2003 stock bike. Uncorked it and now getting ready to tune the suspension to my weight (240 lbs). I'm planning on using 0.47 kg/mm fork springs and 10 kg rear spring and re-shim according to the instructions in the 2 word documents.
I was reading the 2 documents that you uploaded, but i don't see any detail on orientation of the shim packs when reassembling with a new pack. Is it such that when you remove the original stack that one starts in the same way with the largest shims going at the same side as on the original set up.

Could you give some detail on that.

Also many thanks for your web site on the XR it was one of the triggers to get me an xr650r after my last one in 1982 a XR500 R.

Regards

Robert

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted October 22, 2007 - 02:27 PM

I'm new to the site and i have bought some weeks ago an 2003 stock bike. Uncorked it and now getting ready to tune the suspension to my weight (240 lbs). I'm planning on using 0.47 kg/mm fork springs and 10 kg rear spring and re-shim according to the instructions in the 2 word documents.
I was reading the 2 documents that you uploaded, but i don't see any detail on orientation of the shim packs when reassembling with a new pack. Is it such that when you remove the original stack that one starts in the same way with the largest shims going at the same side as on the original set up.

Could you give some detail on that.

Also many thanks for your web site on the XR it was one of the triggers to get me an xr650r after my last one in 1982 a XR500 R.

Regards

Robert

I would use at least 10.5kg/mm shock spring if you are going to run whoops at speed. It has to do with timing.

Yes, the shims are listed from the valve out. The big shim (first in the list) is always against the valve. If you lay everything out as you as you take the shims off and make sure the valve is put back on the way it came off and the right shim stack is on the right side of the valve. I always fear that for some reason unknown to man, that I will put the valve on backwards......

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.