Boyesen SUPERCOOLER KITS ??

10 replies to this topic

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:35 AM

Has anyone used the Boyesen Supercooler kit with the impeller and housing?If so how well did it work? I have put the redline water wetter in already and then I found a leak at the bottom of the pump. I pulled the housing off and the O-ring gasket was broke and a vain on the impeller was broke off. This kit will give me a new impeller and housing and I was just wondering how good it worked.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:52 AM

Has anyone used the Boyesen Supercooler kit with the impeller and housing?If so how well did it work? I have put the redline water wetter in already and then I found a leak at the bottom of the pump. I pulled the housing off and the O-ring gasket was broke and a vain on the impeller was broke off. This kit will give me a new impeller and housing and I was just wondering how good it worked.

it is a quality product - I know many that use it. Better flow than stock keeping temps slightly cooler:thumbsup:

• Bigcr

Posted September 28, 2007 - 08:22 AM

I had one on my fully modded '03 CRF450 and it worked very well.

• DrThumper

Posted September 28, 2007 - 11:17 AM

The Boyeson water pump impeller and cover work very well. I do a lot of mountain trails (like bighorn sheep do...LOL). I used to boil over from time to time, get really hot. The Boyeson system has reduced the times I really get hot, gives you a better sense of well being out there. Improves flow at lower speeds, when you need it. Definetly worth the $$$.

• YZF831

Posted September 28, 2007 - 04:45 PM

Put one on my 06 450 Yamaha and was amazed how much cooler the bike ran. I'll have one on any other bike I own.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 01, 2007 - 02:56 AM

Thanks guys I an going to order one this week!

• ThumperKid250F

Posted October 01, 2007 - 01:18 PM

what is the supercooler kit ?

i tryed looking it up but its not working for some reason so can somebody give me a link..

thanks guys

• grayracer513

Posted October 01, 2007 - 01:26 PM

http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=406

Bottom of the page.

I personally have never felt the need to improve the stock cooling system, but for those who need and impeller and/or cover, or who do think they need a cooler bike, this is good stuff.

• swatdoc

Posted October 01, 2007 - 10:28 PM

I put one on my bike - I figure any thing I can do to keep my bike from overheating as fast when I stop at a light is good.

• usp4u

Posted October 02, 2007 - 12:39 PM

had one on my '04 RM-Z, if there's a bike that needed it , it was that thing. Ran a few tight, muddy AWRCS races and never had it boiling near as much as it would just at an MX track before. Also ran Engine Ice.

• Pukeballs

Posted October 02, 2007 - 09:16 PM

I do a lot of so cal desert riding, and boiled over once with the old water pump. Last year I put on the new Boyesen and havent had any problems with it overheating. I also use Engine Ice.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.