Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:35 AM

http://www.hondanews...es?page=9&pp=10

No mention of the R. I hope I am wrong about this, but: R.I.P. BRP.:thumbsup:

• redrider7202

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:38 AM

unfortunatly i think ur right, no more BRP

• EddieTNT

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:50 AM

No more Hondas for me. Since they dumped the 2ts and now the BRP they don't offer a single offroad bike that I am even slightly interested in. I'd hate to turn orange (been there done that), but that may be my only recourse. Oh well I have two Rs. One with less than 50 miles on it. I will ride them until my eyes bulge. Until then Honda can kiss my furry butt.:thumbsup:

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:55 AM

No more Hondas for me. Since they dumped the 2ts and now the BRP they don't offer a single offroad bike that I am even slightly interested in. I'd hate to turn orange (been there done that), but that may be my only recourse. Oh well I have two Rs. One with less than 50 miles on it. I will ride them until my eyes bulge. Until then Honda can kiss my furry butt.:thumbsup:

I am about to turn a little Huskier...take a look at those...I won't turn orange like every other bike around these days where I live.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motosprtman

Posted September 28, 2007 - 06:50 AM

I don't see why that they never took the XR650R, made it street legal and added e-start, as a replacement for the XR650L .... or even as they did back in the 70's with the CR250M Elsinore Motocrosser, and spring boarded into the MT125 and MT250 (granted they were nothing like the MX'r) you would think that with today's technology they could easily make a complimentary to the purebred racer line a XR650RL, CRF450L, CRF250L as an example.

• martinfan30

Posted September 28, 2007 - 06:53 AM

I don't see why that they never took the XR650R, made it street legal and added e-start, as a replacement for the XR650L .... or even as they did back in the 70's with the CR250M Elsinore Motocrosser, and spring boarded into the MT125 and MT250 (granted they were nothing like the MX'r) you would think that with today's technology they could easily make a complimentary to the purebred racer line a XR650RL, CRF450L, CRF250L as an example.

maybe the new crf230L is a start in this direction.

overseas markets saw street legal 650r's, not sure if they had e-start though.

• Motosprtman

Posted September 28, 2007 - 06:56 AM

Could be that the CRF230L is a start in the right direction, it is afterall the first small displacement dual sport they have had in a long time.

I suggest we swamp em with letters and phone calls, requesting a new line of dual sports as I mentioned.

If you wish to comment on your experiences with your Honda product or with your Dealer, please send your comments to the following address (U.S. only):

Motorcycle Division,
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 2200
Torrance, CA 90509-2200

Mail stop: 100-4C-7B
Telephone: (866) 784-1870

• Big Red Paul

Posted September 28, 2007 - 03:51 PM

No R. No 2 strokes. That brochure looked boooooring. 230L !!! What a joke !!
Having seen Honda progress all the way from the old XLs through to the near-perfect 650R, and they offer up a 230L. Bloody insult.

• EddieTNT

Posted September 29, 2007 - 12:02 PM

Look at the new Honda 700XXX . Look at the e-start engine. Maybe there is hope yet!

http://powersports.h...delId=TRX700XX8

MAYBE we will get a BRP afterall. The "B" in this case stands for "Bigger".

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.