XR600 leaks oil at base.

2 replies to this topic
  • litng1

Posted September 27, 2007 - 10:58 PM

Got a xr600 that is leaking oil from where the Jug goes into the block.Looks like its blown part of the gasket out.Ive used JB weld in one spot to stop the leak and it works.I have one more leak I need to fix.Question is if it stops the leaks will it hurt anything?Its running great so I hate to take it apart right now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crmc33

Posted September 28, 2007 - 03:18 AM

My XRL blew the base gasket out earlier in the year. Just at the front LHS corner of the camchain tunnel.

Have used a new gasket with threebond sealant and all seems well ...so far....

My gasket faces were flat so that wasnt the cause. DOnt know why it happened, though the engine was getting revved hard on the track

• scalejockey

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:03 AM

Did a xr 200 this year with a "slight oil leak" he had let the cam wear so bad and so loose that it wore a hole in the side of the cylinder from flopping around in there. SHEESH! And it still ran!!!

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.