just got my suspension done!!! yaaaaay!

10 replies to this topic
  • ogrider650

Posted September 27, 2007 - 08:34 PM

had rob barnum do my suspension dropped it off sunday and picked it up today! i can't wait to try it out this weekend at D37 race!!!

• weskc35k

Posted September 27, 2007 - 10:49 PM

I'd say you will be a happy camper this weekend.

• porterdog

Posted September 28, 2007 - 03:37 AM

i can't wait to try it out this weekend at D37 race!!!

This thread is worthless without a ride report :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Denn10

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:25 AM

Wheres the race? out in lucerne? I miss going to 37 races

• Supplicate

Posted September 28, 2007 - 06:53 AM

Rob is good people :thumbsup: had a lot of work done to my 650 by him.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KShow

Posted September 30, 2007 - 02:29 PM

Does he have his shop set up somewhere? I talked to him a while back and he was in between locations. Hopefully hes still around Phelan, Id like to drop by with the bike sometime.

• ogrider650

Posted September 30, 2007 - 05:18 PM

hes in phelan. 6 miles north of phelan road on 138..my suspension worked better than i could have possibly imagined. sucked up the whoops and chop like they were nothing, rob knows what he's doing! i would have done better in the race if i didn't lose my front brake on teh start of the second loop. well worth the investment

• husky123

Posted October 01, 2007 - 04:17 AM

How much was it and what did you have done? I'm considering going with Barnum's or Precision Concepts.

Posted October 03, 2007 - 05:49 PM

How much was it and what did you have done? I'm considering going with Barnum's or Precision Concepts.

Ditto, my suspension needs some serious love. Keep us posted.:confused:

• weskc35k

Posted October 03, 2007 - 07:23 PM

The XR650R is a bike that with work keeps getting better and better.
Even with a revalve i couldn't believe how those guys in Dust to Glory rode their bikes,but now with the fork brace and stuff,,i find better settings now i do what those guys do(not as fast obviously).
Downhill stutters launching over and through them is now good fun,before my mods it would of been a trip to hospital.I have a few bikes and can ride anything i want to but i love the BRP.
I just pulled 107mph on GPS on dirt with 15/46 and i can still trail ride it as i can use first now.I sometimes stall it tooling around on a trail only to find i was in fourth or something stupid relative to my speed.

• ogrider650

Posted October 03, 2007 - 08:11 PM

yeah the suspension made all the difference in the world i found myslef just flying through the whoops and not really feeling them just bouncing on the tops of them. when i would turn into corners that had bumps the bike would just hug the ground. two thumbs waaaay up for rob and denise!!! they will be the only ones working on my bike from now on.
p.s. rob really explains in detail why and how things work. you may already know but for me it was an eye opener.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.