kickstart malfunction

No replies to this topic
  • Randall

Posted September 27, 2007 - 04:44 PM

Working on a 98 400YZ that had no kickstart return. Removed side case and found alot of scrapes and scars in the aluminum including one hole all the way through the center case which had been repaired with JB weld from a previous problem. Now it seems we have the same problem. I guess the question is ... is this a chronic problem on the early 4strokes? We looked up the parts and Yamaha does not make available the actual ratchet paw that I need. You must buy the whole entire kickstart mechanism just to get this one piece. ($142) Anybody else out there had these kind of problems and can shed some light on it I would appreciate it.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.