Emgo mirrors.

12 replies to this topic
  • heavyhitter

Posted September 26, 2007 - 12:32 PM

Anyone use them? I need to get a mirror, I hate not being able to see if a cop is behind me when I wheelie. 10mm is the right size correct?

• martinfan30

Posted September 26, 2007 - 12:36 PM

you get popped?

• heavyhitter

Posted September 26, 2007 - 12:51 PM

No but I did 3 years ago on my Busa when I had it, and it was in a contruction zone (even tho no construction or workers or nothing just orange barrells) and I got popped for $350.

• RdrMtn

Posted September 26, 2007 - 02:14 PM

I have used them for a few years. I'm on my 4th one-the glass breaks pretty easy if it is hit by a branch or something. The last time I broke one I borrowed my friends acerbis to see what it was like-a lot more durable but almost useless. I ended up ordering two emgos this time because I know it will break eventually.

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 27, 2007 - 06:02 AM

I bought a pair of these....they are really low end (and expect to break them after you hia a branch or something). They vibrate and blur the image quite a bit because the do not fit on the damping rubbers that the stock mirrors mount on. So you have to mount them w/o the rubbers on and get lots of vibration in the mirrors....But still, due to the high cost and the antenna like look of the stock mirrors, I am now looking at getting some medium priced folding mirrors...still looking...any suggestions for the folding type mirrors?

Geo

• heavyhitter

Posted September 27, 2007 - 06:08 AM

Yea id like to know what affordable mirrors work too. When I bought my BRP all it had where acerbis piece's of $hit on them there where great if I wanted to look at myself.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • COAL RUN

Posted September 27, 2007 - 08:24 AM

take a look at the dual star mirror. I have had them for about 5 months it took some moving around to get them where I could actually see but I like them pretty well & almost inposible to break. here is a link.
http://www.dual-star...ble_mirror1.htm

• axarob44

Posted September 27, 2007 - 10:27 AM

I love these mirrors. http://www.ktmtwins....8312040200.html
They are a little steep, but look good and fold away.

• wheelnut46

Posted September 27, 2007 - 12:09 PM

Ken Sean mirrors are pretty stout. They fold down well and dont vibrate. My only problem is that I have a great view of my shoulders and need to shift slightly. Still better than breaking.

• RdrMtn

Posted September 27, 2007 - 02:21 PM

I have tried the Ken Seans too. They are the exact same mirror as the Emgo. I suspect that Ken Sean and Emgo buy these from the same Chinese (or wherever they are made) manufacturer. Regardless, they work great for me and I will keep using them. :thumbsup:

• platterdr

Posted September 27, 2007 - 03:37 PM

I bought the emgo's trying to save a few bucks. they vibrate like hell. nothing is better on the XRL that the OEM mirror. Thats why there so freakin high priced

• jetfuel

Posted September 27, 2007 - 08:33 PM

Ken Sean mirrors are pretty stout. They fold down well and dont vibrate. My only problem is that I have a great view of my shoulders and need to shift slightly. Still better than breaking.

Yes I agree .. they have worked great for me also..

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:53 AM

Yes I agree .. they have worked great for me also..

Looks the folding Ken Sean are worth a try? From Four Strokes Only store:
http://www.fourstrok...roductList.html

Geo

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.