Which FCR for 650L

5 replies to this topic
  • axarob44

Posted September 26, 2007 - 11:38 AM

I have been searching for info on which FCR will work and fit the XRL. Sudco dosent know if the FCRMX will fit the L. The kit is an FCR with no choke or hot start. I need some help with this. Messing with carbs is a pain in the ass, let alone one that wont fit. Which one? Help!!:thumbsup:

• Denn10

Posted September 26, 2007 - 12:09 PM

Which ones they sell on XRs site? Are you trying to find what size fits on the L like a 41mm?

• martinfan30

Posted September 26, 2007 - 12:14 PM

the non mx slant body is the one i have on my L. fit perfect. i am running a pod filter though. it has no choke-- just run a slightly rich pilot jet and it will start like any other when cold if not better. all i have to do when cold is hold estart for a few sec. and fires up. sometimes a few squirts help too.

there is a mx straight body out there, that will have a little issue with fit. i think there is an adaptor.
the guy from austraillia RMHCR i think is his TT name has this one on his 600 r. search for his posts and you will find what he did to fit it.

like i said the slant nonchoke works great for me. another guy here exaresix had some issues with one though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • axarob44

Posted September 26, 2007 - 12:47 PM

I know I want a 41mm FCR, just want to know which one, FCR or FCRMX. I just read an older thread where the Australian guy(RMHCR?)switched to the FCR because of fitting issues. Looks like the way to go is FCR and set it to run it a little rich on the pilot circuit for cold starts. I'm going to order tomorrow so I can search a little more. So, I'm still open for more info. Thanks guys

• Denn10

Posted September 26, 2007 - 01:08 PM

what size is yours Fartin30 XRs only sells a 42 for the L

• martinfan30

Posted September 26, 2007 - 01:47 PM

41... non choke. a 42 fcr at xr's? thinkin bout boring mine.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.