2007 WR450 Larger tank made yet?

16 replies to this topic
  • Morty

Posted September 26, 2007 - 09:25 AM

Anyone find a simple larger aftermarket tank for this bike yet, I mean no foolin around with backward petcocks and shrouds etc?

• blackdog9

Posted October 09, 2007 - 10:07 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]¿How about these ones? 16 liters front and 5 liters rear....?[/COLOR]
Posted Image

• erickdj

Posted October 09, 2007 - 01:16 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]¿How about these ones? 16 liters front and 5 liters rear....?[/COLOR]
Posted Image

Damn!!, that's a huge tank. I really like the rear reservoir, not very obtrusive yet very useful. Nice garage you got there man, I wish my garage looked like that. Where did you get the tanks from? price $$?

• Looks450

Posted October 09, 2007 - 04:31 PM

A company in aust make them. Aqualine i think they are called.

• blackdog9

Posted October 09, 2007 - 04:38 PM

A company in aust make them. Aqualine i think they are called.

YUP YOU´RE RIGHT..... http://www.rvaqualine.com.au/home.php
AND I WISH IT WAS MY GARAGE:naughty: .. THAT PIC IS FROM THEIR WEBSITE. I´M GETTING THE SAME KIT SOON.
GREETINGS FROM CHILE
SERGIO

• Mutu

Posted October 09, 2007 - 06:32 PM

Yep, the Yamaha dealers here sell the Aqualine tank under the GYT-R banner!

Blue tank: http://www.yamaha-mo...uro&ProdID=5028
White Tank: http://www.yamaha-mo...uro&ProdID=5026

• mikewr450

Posted October 09, 2007 - 07:08 PM

i just put the ims tank on with the petcock facing out. just bought a longer piece of fuel line.

• WR_Dave

Posted October 09, 2007 - 07:14 PM

Been done to death , but with the IMS tank and the Yz shrouds , just pick up a petcock from a previous years WR and then all is right in the fuel world. Clarke was supposed to have one out by now , but I haven't heard if that is still the case.? WR Dave.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Looks450

Posted October 10, 2007 - 10:44 PM

I think it is still a couple of weeks off. I recieved this email

Aaron,

We should have this product available in 8-10 weeks.

I will let you know when they are ready for sale.

Thanks
Chris
Clarke mfg co.

That was on the 27 Aug 07.

• tribalbc

Posted October 11, 2007 - 09:22 AM

You guys sure have a hell of alot more accessories available for the WR in OZ than North America. 7 pages compared to our 2 :confused:

• Looks450

Posted October 11, 2007 - 02:35 PM

WHere is british columbia? I think that the USA has heaps more than us. I always check there site for the new accessories, before they even look like getting here.

Something about big tanks too?

• tribalbc

Posted October 11, 2007 - 04:10 PM

West coast of Canada.
I just checked Yami USA and they had the same 2 pages as Yami Canada :confused:

• Mutu

Posted October 11, 2007 - 04:56 PM

West coast of Canada.
I just checked Yami USA and they had the same 2 pages as Yami Canada :confused:

You can't complain too much, your bikes and aftermarket accessories are WAY cheaper. :confused:

• Alternative

Posted October 11, 2007 - 05:08 PM

You can't complain too much, your bikes and aftermarket accessories are WAY cheaper. :confused:

What he said. I paid NZ$18 (about US$14) for ONE #165 main jet :confused:. Last time I go to my local Yamaha dealer for parts.

• Mutu

Posted October 11, 2007 - 05:29 PM

What he said. I paid NZ$18 (about US$14) for ONE #165 main jet :confused:. Last time I go to my local Yamaha dealer for parts.

Crap!!! :confused: We get our jets for about $8 Aussie.

• tribalbc

Posted October 11, 2007 - 07:17 PM

You can't complain too much, your bikes and aftermarket accessories are WAY cheaper.

Only if you buy in the States. Canada's prices are a grip as well :confused: Ordering from the States on the internet has become a real bargain with the exchange :confused:
Now if only our dealers would adjust the price accordingly :confused:

• Mutu

Posted October 11, 2007 - 07:25 PM

Only if you buy in the States. Canada's prices are a grip as well :confused: Ordering from the States on the internet has become a real bargain with the exchange :confused:
Now if only our dealers would adjust the price accordingly :confused:

I see that the canadian $ is the same as the US $ :confused:
The Aussie $ is sitting at about .90c to yours. Still good for us!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.