Baja Designs - Wont Start in Gear

3 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 26, 2007 - 08:18 AM

i have a 06 wr450, i installed a baja designs dual sport kit. before the install of the kit, i was able to start the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in (after market clutch perch). however now that i have installed my baja designs kit i have found that i now must have the bike in neutral before it will start. has anyone dealt with this. any ideas on how to fix this? thanks

• GCannon

Posted September 26, 2007 - 09:44 AM

Did some wires get crossed? I would open up the manual and look at the Starter circuit diagram. I would check that the clutch switch wiring is not open.:thumbsup:

I am no expert on 450 wiring but I know that the ttr (as you know) has conditional circuitry with the kill or on and off switch. you may have removed or left open something when removing old factory wiring and installing the new kit.

If it starts and runs in neutral then I have to belive that the ignition circut is OK. I would take a carfull look at the starter circuit and the clutch switch.

"Question" Does an experienced rider need a clutch switch? I always felt this was more of a "Legal Liability issue" for the manufacturer. just my 0.02cents.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted September 30, 2007 - 06:43 AM

This is strange, I have an 06 with BD kit on and mine will crank in gear with the clutch pulled in. Im not sure what could cause this.....

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 30, 2007 - 08:45 AM

Check that switch on the clutch lever. That is what controls it. I have had problems before with pinching the wire to the clutch switch. Another time, I crashed and it pulled the switch away from its bracket on the clutch perch.

I cannot see how a BD kit would have anything to do with that.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.