CR Hi bend compared to stock 06 WR bars

8 replies to this topic
  • markturbo

Posted September 26, 2007 - 07:46 AM

How much more height would a CR Hi bend have over the stock Renthals that come on the 06 WR450. I'm looking for some more height and was wondering if just the CR Hi bends would be enough, or should I get some bar risers too.

Thanks

• markturbo

Posted September 26, 2007 - 07:53 AM

What are the measurments of the stock Renthels?

Height
Width
Sweep

?

• cltrobd

Posted September 26, 2007 - 08:17 PM

Stock Renthals for 06 had the following dimensions:
Width: 796 mm
Height: 80 mm
Rise: 55 mm
Clamp Area Width: 210
Sweep: 57

Hope that helps!

• markturbo

Posted September 27, 2007 - 03:53 AM

Stock Renthals for 06 had the following dimensions:
Width: 796 mm
Height: 80 mm
Rise: 55 mm
Clamp Area Width: 210
Sweep: 57

Hope that helps!

Yes it does! Thanks!!!

I went with a set of Tag 1 1/8 bar adapters and SX ( Ricky Carmichael ) bars...

Width: 802
Height: 99
Sweep: 54

I think they will fit me better as they are just a bit taller, wider, and have less sweep then the CR Hi bend

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cltrobd

Posted September 27, 2007 - 09:09 PM

I'm in the same boat as you...I have the same bike but the rider compartment felt very cramped to me. I expected it would though given that I'm 6'5". I knew different bars wouldn't give me all the height I needed so I bought some bar risers that gave me 1.25" rise while moving the bars 1" forward. I needed the bars somewhat forward as well. The bike feels much better now but I'm going to have to change the bars from stock to something flatter. I can wait until I bend the stock ones though. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new adapters and bars! I think you'll like the feel of your bike better with them.

• markturbo

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:38 AM

Thanks

But now I have to first figure out why my bike is quiting on me:cry:

• Denn10

Posted September 28, 2007 - 05:47 AM

I use CR high and i like them cuz there a bit taller and dont sweep back so much, im 6'2"

CLT if you get a nice upper triple clamp you can have 2 mounting positions, i have an applied and i put the mounts forward and with that and bars it does move it forward and up a bit.

• redhurricane

Posted September 28, 2007 - 12:50 PM

I did a Scotts SUB mount with Protaper carmichael bend. raised it 25mm and kept the same (damn close to it) bend as stock for '06.

LOVE it.

• cltrobd

Posted September 28, 2007 - 10:19 PM

I researched the after market triple clamps, sub mounts, etc. and found them to be out of reach for my budget. I plan on revisiting this issue once I bend my original bars (just a matter of time) and have the money. For now, risers were inexpensive and opened up some space and got the bars higher. It has elevated my riding to a new level. I can now ride all day long, granted I'm tired at the end of the day but what a difference. I can make jumps comfortably and standing while riding trails is definitely a lot more comfortable. Thanks for the advice on brands. I am going to look into them!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.