Can you believe?

8 replies to this topic
  • thouk

Posted September 25, 2007 - 04:48 PM

Hey Ya'll,
I was looking on eBay the other day. Someone had a set of rear foot pegs for a 650r for auction. The final bid went for $140. I looked on Baja Design's web page and a new set goes for $132.95. Do people not look at the price of a new item before they bid on a used item? Buyer beware. Ride safe, Tony

• Maroast

Posted September 25, 2007 - 05:32 PM

Hey Ya'll,
I was looking on eBay the other day. Someone had a set of rear foot pegs for a 650r for auction. The final bid went for $140. I looked on Baja Design's web page and a new set goes for $132.95. Do people not look at the price of a new item before they bid on a used item? Buyer beware. Ride safe, Tony

Yup! People can be pretty stupid on Ebay.

I remember a set of bicycle peddles on ebay "buy it now" for $97...they were on there for weeks, no one bought them.... someone put the same peddles up for auction starting at $1...by the end of the auction they went all the way up to like $105!!! Idiots.

I bought a bicycle on ebay for like $200...turned around and sold it like two months later without doing a thing to it other then riding it....it went for $350...go figure. :thumbsup:

• Richie B

Posted September 25, 2007 - 05:38 PM

i guess people get caught up in the buy and start bidding more :thumbsup:

• cleonard

Posted September 25, 2007 - 08:25 PM

I have watched that happen over and over again. It's kind of funny.

I had the sort of opposite thing happen to me today. I won a 1979 GS850 parts bike for $36 last night. Now the seller doesn't want to complete the deal. I guess he feels that he didn't get enough $$$ for it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted September 25, 2007 - 08:32 PM

i guess people get caught up in the buy and start bidding more :thumbsup:

this is absolutely what happens! i've caught myself falling into the heat of the moment bidding and stop to think, this piece is on bid for 400 bucks, i know damn well i can buy at a store for 325! it happens. this is why ebay is so huge..

• Denn10

Posted September 25, 2007 - 08:35 PM

you guys got no control LOL ima sell to you on ebay Stock L muffler on SALE for $295 Check it LOL Ive bought alot on ebay and remember theres those ones you get steals also, just gotta do your homework. That guy lucked out

• martinfan30

Posted September 25, 2007 - 08:43 PM

you guys got no control LOL ima sell to you on ebay Stock L muffler on SALE for $295 Check it LOL Ive bought alot on ebay and remember theres those ones you get steals also, just gotta do your homework. That guy lucked out

im missing mine, who'd you steal it from!

• Maroast

Posted September 25, 2007 - 09:29 PM

you get steals also, just gotta do your homework. That guy lucked out

Yep! I bought for my XRR a brand spankin new, in box, FMF ti4 muffler with mid-pipe on ebay for $150!!!

The ti4 can is universal to most models and it is the mid-pipe that is model specific...the one i bought on ebay was for something like a 2003 crf450x...this particular pipe only fit that year/ model (according to fmf's website)....so no one bid on it but me...i stole the whole thing for $150 plus $20 shipping.

I simply called FMF, told them i got the wrong mid-pipe, sent them the crf450 mid-pipe...and they mailed me a new SS XR650R mid-pipe for FREE!!! :thumbsup:

brand new slip-on Ti4 exhaust for $170 total :thumbsup:

Do your home work boys (and girls?)!!

• Huffa 2

Posted September 26, 2007 - 03:57 AM

Those buyers that don't check prices are VERY WELCOMED when I put things up for sale ! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.