Fuel problems??

2 replies to this topic
  • jjnord

Posted September 25, 2007 - 03:37 PM

Ok, I'm not sure what this can be...
I rode my 650L a couple of days ago w/o any problems. Yesterday I installed a set of PowerMadd handguards w/ bar-end wraps. Today I go to start the bike and it doesn't want to run. I pull the choke a little and it starts, but then dies after about a minute. Then I can't get it to start again:excuseme: . I turn the petcock valve to 'Res.' and it starts right-up! I hit the road and at the first stop light I turn it back to 'on', I ride down the road for about a mile or so then it dies again and won't start. I turn the petcock back to 'Res.' is it fires right-up!:thumbsup: I ride with it like this for about another 20 minutes so I can get to where I'm going, and then ride back home. On the ride home, same thing. I start the bike and ride about 2 min with it on 'on', it dies, I turn it to 'res.' and ride like that the rest of the way.
WHAT GIVES?!?:thumbsup:
Your thoughts??

jjnord

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted September 25, 2007 - 08:41 PM

Sounds like the screen above the petcock is clogged, or maybe the petcock itself is clogged. Pull the gas line from the carb and see how it flows. If it doesn't flow, drain the tank. Pull the petcock and clean out whatever crud is in there.

• Denn10

Posted September 26, 2007 - 07:51 AM

Did you have enough fuel in it to be above the reserve level too? But sounds like u did and like CLEO said a plugged petcock is ur problem

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.