Loooong ride last weekend ........

21 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted September 25, 2007 - 03:24 PM

Went to Budds Creek for the Trophy MX Nations

Just though I'd post a few pic's ..........

The USA WON and Villapoto below (1&1) just STOMPED the compitition as well as Cramichel (1&3) and Ferry (3&4th, I think?)

OH, and the R & L were flawless, no problems, L averaged 55 MPG's at 65-75 MPH and R just a bit less .

Posted Image

Swamp Man

Posted Image

L and R at campgrounds (That's TT member Internalcombustion / Robert sitting there)

Posted Image

L and R we invited in for the night also

Posted Image

Check out these Irish guys

Posted Image

A long ride indeed (Rob went about another 100 I think ?)

Posted Image

Crowd shot

Posted Image

Not sure who his was but it was a great pic !

Posted Image

• Whiteman

Posted September 25, 2007 - 04:03 PM

Man do those D/S XRR's look good. To bad I am lazy and won't give up my e-start. Good move on letting the bikes sleep inside.

• COAL RUN

Posted September 26, 2007 - 06:07 AM

Huffa, I saw your bike there on sunday that coating on the header looked sweet

• Huffa 2

Posted September 26, 2007 - 06:15 AM

Huffa, I saw your bike there on sunday that coating on the header looked sweet

No kidding, coool !

Yea, I like it very much and really helps keep the heat down when in traffic.

• Huffa 2

Posted September 26, 2007 - 06:21 AM

Man do those D/S XRR's look good. To bad I am lazy and won't give up my e-start. Good move on letting the bikes sleep inside.

Same here, I love the ES.

I rode Rob's too, VERY SWEET bike but the XL with weighing more actually helps it be more road worthy and overall is just a better bike for street riding, now if I lived out west the R might win me over, :thumbsup: if it had ES that is.

Some will say just KICK the thing, naaaah, I think in this day and age all DS, XR's should have ES, I like it that much, big deal, so it weighs 15-20 more, I'd still rather have it.

• martinfan30

Posted September 26, 2007 - 06:31 AM

very cool. you got my longest ride by 200 miles!

• Denn10

Posted September 26, 2007 - 07:46 AM

55mpg and going 65+ MPH wow i know u have mods too HUFF thats wild mileage. Sounds like good fun ill have to check this at home so i can see the pics.

• martinfan30

Posted September 26, 2007 - 07:56 AM

55mpg and going 65+ MPH wow i know u have mods too HUFF thats wild mileage. Sounds like good fun ill have to check this at home so i can see the pics.

maybe you oughtta nut up and tell your boss you need to have pic access!LOL

• Denn10

Posted September 26, 2007 - 09:25 AM

maybe you oughtta nut up and tell your boss you need to have pic access!LOL

Government they dont play like that LOL

• jonr3

Posted September 26, 2007 - 11:37 AM

Way to go Huffa! I did about 400 miles one day and that was tough. But it was for work instead of for fun, so that probably made it tougher.

How did your new Mefos do?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted September 26, 2007 - 12:17 PM

Government they dont play like that LOL

aha!:thumbsup:

• Huffa 2

Posted September 26, 2007 - 01:13 PM

Way to go Huffa! I did about 400 miles one day and that was tough. But it was for work instead of for fun, so that probably made it tougher.

How did your new Mefos do?

Well we didn't do it all in one day but it's still a lot of milage for a Fri-Mon ride.

The Mefo's, I love them, super smooth, no hint of headshake or anything with them on. They have 1200 on now, look great yet. Getting 7,8,9, 10,000 miles out of them, which is what I read, it's still hard to beleive.

If I get 6000, I'll be happy . I'm sure riding in basically a straight line on the interstates wears the middle down quicker then going on back roads, so iIdon't have my expectations too high.

Once I get 3000 on, I should know for sure what kind of life out of them I'll get.

• Huffa 2

Posted September 26, 2007 - 01:15 PM

Not sure if my jet coated pipe helped with the milage or not, :thumbsup: who knows but I am running tall 15/42 gearing and don't rev it much at all so I'm sure that helped some what.

BTW ........ Robert/Internalcombustion got so into the race (never been to one) he is now thinking of getting a used 00-02 CR250 !! :thumbsup:

• Denn10

Posted September 26, 2007 - 02:14 PM

oh yeah that helps your prolly not a "FatBastard" like me either LOL Avatar get it NM

• martinfan30

Posted September 26, 2007 - 02:29 PM

oh yeah that helps your prolly not a "FatBastard" like me either LOL Avatar get it NM

"NM" ???

• InternalCombustion

Posted September 26, 2007 - 04:12 PM

Yep, 792 miles round trip to Budds Creek is my longest roadtrip on the R. At the end of the day-long ride down there (about 350 miles for me), I had something beyond monkey-butt. The R's factory seat is soooo freaking hard.

Several observations on The Ride:

• Huffa can drink more martinis--and still not slur his speech--than any dude I ever met.
  • Huffa's 650L is some kinda sweet bike. I have a new-found respect for the mighty L. Excellent power, Cadillac ride, solid feel. A great all around moto. (Electric start is still cheating, though. :doh: )
  • Even though I hated my 650R's seat 150 miles into the ride, by the time we started back Monday morning, my butt had grown enough calouses that the return trip was not bad.
  • Both the R and L ran like champs. Not a single hickup. Most of the trip we were running 70+ and even then I was getting 45-48 mpg out of my R.
  • A dirt-newbie (me) should NOT try to follow a life-long motox dude (Huffa) EVERYWHERE he goes. That madman took us around a road-jam, into a section of woods that was 2-feet deep with woodbark mulch. :eek: Suffice to say Huffa didn't break a sweat. :bonk: Me, I dumped it halfway across. :bonk: But my trusty Edlebrock didn't fail me and the bike started on the first kick:applause:
  • MX of Nations was freaking amazing. Blew me away. My first motocross race. Wow. I'm hooked.
  • Carmichael and Villopoto are not from this planet. :thumbsup: :worthy: Perry is from this planet but is of a higher species than we are. :ride:
  • Huffa is good people.:thumbsup:
  • When I die I want to be buried with my 650R.:thumbsup: Just in case I need to get out of there in a hurry.
  • Thumpers forever. :bonk: :eek: :bonk:

Some pics:

RC single-jumping the Triple-down.
Posted Image

Villopoto getting into Turn 8.
Posted Image

Going back home.
Posted Image

Good times were had by all.

No animals were harmed in the filming of this motion picture. But some weeds did get burned.

• wheelnut46

Posted September 26, 2007 - 04:30 PM

Great pics!

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 27, 2007 - 07:58 AM

Sounds like a great ride.

Still on that old 15-tooth fron sprocket?

Dave

• InternalCombustion

Posted September 27, 2007 - 08:37 AM

Sounds like a great ride.

Still on that old 15-tooth fron sprocket?

Dave

If you're asking me, yeah, my R is currently running a 15/45 (14/48 is stock).

If you're asking Huffa, I think he told me he'd added one more tooth on his CSS for better high-speed cruise. Huffa?

• martinfan30

Posted September 27, 2007 - 09:17 AM

martini's???:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy: :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.