New YZ426 Pics

15 replies to this topic
  • Chris_567

Posted September 25, 2007 - 02:57 PM

Finally posting some pics of my 2001 yz426. I bought it in june and gave it an extensive cleaning, new front and rear fender, new grips, seat cover, and here's the results.

Not too shabby for an 01 and it runs great. Too bad bikes cost so much in Canada

Posted Image

• 642MX

Posted September 25, 2007 - 03:52 PM

Looks good. :thumbsup: Maybe its time for a back tire?

• grayracer513

Posted September 25, 2007 - 04:37 PM

Not now. He just dressed it up!

• Chris_567

Posted September 25, 2007 - 08:46 PM

Definately on the tire......what else should I do to this beast?

Suggestions. ......

I am thinking about getting a 15 tooth front sprocket. I find myself cruising in 5th alot winding the engine.

Maybe regrease the wheel bearings and change the breaks over the winter.

Bike has never let me down yet (except it doesn't like being dropped and lets you know by being an ordeal to get restarted.)

Definately some swingarm graphics as well.............. The list keeps growing.

• razornpc

Posted September 26, 2007 - 06:10 AM

take apart, clean, inspect and greese the rear suspension. do the same with the steering stem bearings.

theyre heavy but good bikes.
enjoy

• 642MX

Posted September 26, 2007 - 06:29 AM

Definately on the tire......what else should I do to this beast?

Suggestions. ......

I am thinking about getting a 15 tooth front sprocket. I find myself cruising in 5th alot winding the engine.

Maybe regrease the wheel bearings and change the breaks over the winter.

Bike has never let me down yet (except it doesn't like being dropped and lets you know by being an ordeal to get restarted.)

Definately some swingarm graphics as well.............. The list keeps growing.

You could get rid of the decompression lever and install a 450 exhaust cam.

• Florida_426

Posted September 27, 2007 - 04:21 AM

Two sugggestions made that are first rate. Do a complete bearing check and either replace what is worn out or do a good clean and grease and the 450DCM. Each January I do all the bearings, front to rear, and the 450 DCM in 2003 was well worth the little bit of time. Razor and 642 have this one nailed.

Also, when were the valves and ring gap checked last? If you have a little time this is safety incarnate for a 4 stroke bike. Your scoot looks really nice too!

Bill

• Digger01

Posted September 27, 2007 - 11:28 AM

WOW that looks clean. I bought a 01 this summer also, and it is heavy. but I love the power (Ill just hang on!) I wish i took a pic of mine last week after I went swimming in the mud :thumbsup: My son even stated how SICK I looked while I was trying to start my bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WileE1

Posted September 27, 2007 - 11:36 AM

Yeap, get an updated cam in that thing and check valve adjustment and jetting. The starting issue will be greatly reduced.

I Miss mine, I had an "02" 426. I bought it for trail use, but now I ride moto the last couple of years, and I bet that bike would rip on a track.

Enjoy it!

• maxx2200

Posted September 27, 2007 - 02:21 PM

Dood, sweet ride! Very clean. I really like the blue front fork protection. Did you put them on? Mine are white with graphics but I prefer blue like you have.
Very nice!!

• Chris_567

Posted September 27, 2007 - 06:56 PM

Dood, sweet ride! Very clean. I really like the blue front fork protection. Did you put them on? Mine are white with graphics but I prefer blue like you have.
Very nice!!

That's funny. I was just about to order a white set and put some black yamaha lettering on them. I didn't like all the blue up front. I thought white would look great. I also want some yz blue renthal swingarm graphics.

• shawnspawn

Posted September 28, 2007 - 10:55 AM

I find myself cruising in 5th alot winding the engine.

Really? I have an 02 426 and rarely ever get into 5th. I am running 14 front 49 rear, I love that setup. Even on roads 5th grear half throttle is crazy fast.:thumbsup:

• maxx2200

Posted September 28, 2007 - 11:42 AM

I have the white ones with black Factory Effex graphics. It looks ok to me but your blue ones really stand out. I swear, half the fun of owning these things is fixing them up the way we like 'em. Nice ride and have fun with it.

• 642MX

Posted September 28, 2007 - 06:05 PM

I swear, half the fun of owning these things is fixing them up the way we like 'em.

I agree. :confused: Hardly anything on my bike is factory.

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted September 28, 2007 - 06:08 PM

I agree. :confused: Hardly anything on my bike is factory.

Too True-I believe about the only thing factory on your bike may be the blue paint on the frame... :confused:

• 642MX

Posted September 28, 2007 - 06:13 PM

Too True-I believe about the only thing factory on your bike may be the blue paint on the frame... :confused:

Its not factory either. Its PJ1. :confused:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.