cleaning rust on my new bike!!!

4 replies to this topic
  • wes782

Posted September 24, 2007 - 04:19 PM

alright i picked up my new 07 on sunday and i noticed there was rust on every edge on both brake rotors. how do i clean that shit off. i dont know y they would be rusty kinda pisses me off....

• KYMXRacer

Posted September 24, 2007 - 04:40 PM

It's really no big deal. Just dry them with a rag after your done washing. You can get the rust off with a scotch brite pad.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wes782

Posted September 24, 2007 - 04:44 PM

thanks! just wanted i needed to know

• DPW

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:39 PM

go ride and using the brakes will take care of the rust on the rotors

• nap__kxf

Posted September 29, 2007 - 02:19 PM

late post i know but aftet we took my 07 to pismo i had a bunch of rust on my rotors and after i washed it iwas spraying wd40 on all the rust (my dad said it'd get rid of a bit of thee rust, but i didn't hear not to spray it on my rotors) and i sprayed a bit on my rotors and it got most of the rust off but we went riding the next weekend and my brakes didn't work at all for a few hours haha.

boy that was alot of fun going back down hills.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.