Bike died...need help

12 replies to this topic
  • ysr50speed

Posted September 24, 2007 - 03:59 PM

My bike died on me last night. It was running great for about 40mins. Then out of nowhere is just looses all its power.:thumbsup: I got it home and found that it doesn't have any spark. I just put a moose lighting stator in it and am wondering if that is the problem. So I was wondering if anybody knows the specs for the moose lighting stator for the xr600r? Thanks for any help!:thumbsup:

• AC-DC

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:29 PM

Probably coil, cdi or bad ground. Maybe wire became loose from the ride? Best to check connections from stator and work your way up the circuit.

Wish I could help out more.

Forgot to mention the resistor in the plug wire. Shot in the dark but ya never know.

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:41 PM

My bike died on me last night. It was running great for about 40mins. Then out of nowhere is just looses all its power.:thumbsup: I got it home and found that it doesn't have any spark. I just put a moose lighting stator in it and am wondering if that is the problem. So I was wondering if anybody knows the specs for the moose lighting stator for the xr600r? Thanks for any help!:thumbsup:

will it restart cold? sometimes stators act up when hot and work again when cool.

• AC-DC

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:44 PM

martinfan30: Will you stop following me?!

LOL, just playing around. Glad you thought of that also, brain is too tired to think straight. O oh, does that mean I'm a fag???

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:48 PM

martinfan30: Will you stop following me?!

LOL, just playing around. Glad you thought of that also, brain is too tired to think straight. O oh, does that mean I'm a fag???

ya know if i didnt have you Jholes to BS and laugh with, i'd be in jail!!LOL!:thumbsup:

and yes it does.

• ysr50speed

Posted September 24, 2007 - 07:11 PM

thanks guys for the help. No the bike wont start when its cold either. Doesn't have any spark. I will try to find a connection problem first. Thanks:applause: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zook350

Posted September 24, 2007 - 09:43 PM

any chance that the kill switch wire is shorted out, or shorted switch? follow the wire and look for damaged insulation.

• ysr50speed

Posted September 25, 2007 - 01:51 PM

Well I was checking everything and it all looked good. I think its the B.D. Rocker Kill Switch. Does anyone know if there should be continuity between the red wire and the white with the switch one? I would think there should be beucase I belive thats where the Cdi gets the power from the red through the switch back out of the switch (white) to the CDI box. Anyways I am not get any continuity through them. Can anyone confim this?
Thanks

• martinfan30

Posted September 25, 2007 - 01:59 PM

Makes Sense.

• ysr50speed

Posted September 25, 2007 - 03:26 PM

Well I think my last posting doesn't make any sense. I went back out and looked at it some more. I belive the white wire is just a ground and not a postive volage wire like I thought. So i think the switch is working fine. However I put an older xr200 CDI box in it and was sparking very nice. I put the stock cdi and I can hardley see any spark (which I though no spark) but just couldn't hardley see it. So my question is can I run that xr200 cdi box. I am not sure on how they work or if it would be bad if I ran it. Thanks for the help.

• AC-DC

Posted September 25, 2007 - 03:34 PM

best spend the dough and get proper cdi :thumbsup:

• ysr50speed

Posted September 25, 2007 - 04:08 PM

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I have a new come comming in the mail. Should be on Friday but wanted to go on a ride on thursday. Thanks

• crmc33

Posted September 26, 2007 - 04:02 AM

as far as I know the kill switch works by grounding the wire from the CDI, or at least it does on my 650L based loom

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.