Tall guy needs more room

2 replies to this topic
  • 920KTM

Posted March 18, 2002 - 08:51 AM

I'm looking to buy a leftover new '01 WR426 and was wondering what can be done to make it more spacious for my 6'4" 180 lb. frame. I'm figuring a taller bar, maybe a top clamp and a tall seat combination may be necessary. Anyone else been down this trail? What works best?

Jim Miller
Berkey, OH USA

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: 920KTM ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted March 18, 2002 - 10:44 PM

What you have already mentioned... plenty of discussion in the past about such mods... another option is to lower the pegs...

Click "search" and all shall be revealed...

David

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: yamaha.dude ]

• dgrimmy

Posted March 18, 2002 - 12:57 PM

I just installed the Fastway Low Boy pegs which drop the pegs by a 1/2" and move them 1/2" back. I'm 6'3" and it's made a huge difference. It's the same as the mod discussed except the price of the pegs is $89 but they are about twice as wide as the stockers and look sweet.

I'll have pics soon.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.