2007 WR450 Wire Harness

7 replies to this topic
  • Sycamore

Posted September 24, 2007 - 09:47 AM

Does anyone know off hand if the wiring harness routes over top of the carb? I took this thing apart over a month ago and forget how it routes. I sure hope it doesn't as it would make changing a needle a bit of a chore:mad:

Thanks.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 24, 2007 - 10:43 AM

Does anyone know off hand if the wiring harness routes over top of the carb? I took this thing apart over a month ago and forget how it routes. I sure hope it doesn't as it would make changing a needle a bit of a chore:mad:

Thanks.

The shop manual has detailed routing diagrams for all hoses, wiring, etc... I only had mine apart for a few hours and I had to reference them before putting it all back together :thumbsup:

• face_plant

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:50 AM

under the tank and between the spars in the frame

• Sycamore

Posted September 24, 2007 - 01:06 PM

The shop manual has detailed routing diagrams for all hoses, wiring, etc... I only had mine apart for a few hours and I had to reference them before putting it all back together :thumbsup:

I didn't see a "from the top down" view of it. I'll look again but does it go directly over top of the carb where the needle cover is?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sycamore

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:35 PM

under the tank and between the spars in the frame

But is it DIRECTLY over the carb needle cover (top of the carb) or is it off to the side of the carb?

• Alternative

Posted September 24, 2007 - 09:28 PM

Does it matter? As long as all the wires are getting from A to B without being stretched, crushed or likely to be snagged on anything you can route them however you want. If it's easier for you to route them off to the side, do it.

• Sycamore

Posted September 25, 2007 - 07:09 AM

I did found the top down picture in the book just a page away from the one I was looking at. Had to use a magnifying glass to read it..I'm getting old!

Interesting no one knew this though?

• RickSanson

Posted September 25, 2007 - 05:30 PM

Yes, it does right right over the card slide cover between the top engine mounts.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.