New Edelbrock With A Worked Motor..settings?

2 replies to this topic
  • 2000dr650

Posted September 24, 2007 - 09:31 AM

just picked up a new edelbrock carb for my XR650R and before i try to figure out the jetting i'd thought i'd ask if anyone could give me some pointers. The carb is set for a stock 650r but my motor has had some work done to it. any thoughts would be appreciated.

unckorked, KN
full exhaust
high comp stock bore piston
over sized valves
ported head
stage 2 cams
knife edged.balanced crank
carillo rod
over sized main bearing

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ESS

Posted September 25, 2007 - 01:53 AM

I asked this question before and was told to call Barnums. They should have the answer for you. They do a lot of work with the Edelbrock carbs.

Also, are you having to run race gas with that piston, or is high octane pump gas working?

• 2000dr650

Posted September 25, 2007 - 05:37 PM

I asked this question before and was told to call Barnums. They should have the answer for you. They do a lot of work with the Edelbrock carbs

Also, are you having to run race gas with that piston, or is high octane pump gas working?

Ill give em a call..thanks for the tip<P>

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.