DR.D Pipe on '06

2 replies to this topic
  • gjones

Posted September 24, 2007 - 08:30 AM

OK, so this has probably been beat to death but, I plan to finally go aftermarket (due to crushed stock head pipe). The DR.D sounds like the best one for the YZ but my question is did any of you guys have to do any major jetting changes after installing this pipe? I realize that it will depend on my elevation, etc. but I am currently running the 48/170 that most people recommend and it runs great. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2007 - 08:47 AM

The Dr.D did not require re-jetting on either of my '06's. They were both running a 45/165 combo with the needle in #4 prior to installing it, and both run fine with that combo now at altitudes ranging from just below sea level (yes, really) to around 3600 feet, with some trimming of the pilot required for extreme variances. As rich as yours is, you might find that you want to back down a little, but you probably won't notice much difference in the jetting either way.

• gjones

Posted September 24, 2007 - 08:51 AM

Thanks Gray for the input. I do notice when it is pretty warm outside it tends to flame out when applying the throttle quickly out of a turn. I usually can adjust that out with the fuel screw slightly, but I might consider going a bit leaner with the new pipe and possibly correct that problem as well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

• Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

• 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.