I need more power 650L

47 replies to this topic
  • heavyhitter

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:36 AM

I think I am gonna get the cam too. Im gonna bore it too since it cost the same as a hone so I might as well add some displacement

• Denn10

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:44 AM

good idear what size you going to? 101 101.5mm? Whats stock bore(lol monday and i cant member anything) and how far can u go without sleaving?

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:46 AM

good idear what size you going to? 101 101.5mm? Whats stock bore(lol monday and i cant member anything) and how far can u go without sleaving?

stock is 100.

• heavyhitter

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:48 AM

Yea Im doing a 101mm Im just afraid to go much larger because of heat.

102.5-103mm is the max with out sleeving it.

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:50 AM

Yea Im doing a 101mm Im just afraid to go much larger because of heat.

that and you dont want too much power(I'M A FAG FOR SAYING THAT!) to stress the bottom end.

• AC-DC

Posted September 24, 2007 - 12:32 PM

that and you dont want too much power(I'M A FAG FOR SAYING THAT!) to stress the bottom end.

You're such a FAG................. for saying that :thumbsup:

I have to agree about clowns!

• jetfuel

Posted September 24, 2007 - 12:37 PM

You may want to try a pumper carb before you tear it apart.. that in combination with the gearing change really makes a difference. then if your not satisfied punch it out.

• Denn10

Posted September 24, 2007 - 12:39 PM

^^^^TRUE DAT FAG!!! HEAVY Thats a good idea to go minimum boring so if you ever have a problem you can still go up a size. Sounds like you will have a great combo when complete

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 01:26 PM

You're such a FAG................. for saying that :thumbsup:

I have to agree about clowns!

ac/dc you made me LOL!

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 01:27 PM

You may want to try a pumper carb before you tear it apart.. that in combination with the gearing change really makes a difference. then if your not satisfied punch it out.

+1 on the pumper. go with the fcr 41. i hear the mikuni has a 1/3 throttle hesitation that you cant tune out of it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 01:29 PM

^^^^TRUE DAT FAG!!! HEAVY Thats a good idea to go minimum boring so if you ever have a problem you can still go up a size. Sounds like you will have a great combo when complete

once doesnt make you gay!!LOL!!! :thumbsup: how was the SM race?

• machman

Posted September 24, 2007 - 01:30 PM

What's guys liking guys got to do with this anyway?:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back to the topic at hand. A lot of guys will tell you that if you're going to a higher comp piston and cam you should get a header and exhaust, then to flow enough get a pumper carb. Apparently the incremental difference the carb makes with those mods is greater than the change it makes over stock (ie. 5hp over stock, 6hp over mods).

With that said, I've got the exhaust covered and have ordered a cam and the 101mm 10.5:1 piston but won't be able to afford the carb until winter. I'm guessing I won't be able to get enough gas to these mods to make it really hum...

With all this stuff, 55hp shouldn't be unrealistic.

• Denn10

Posted September 24, 2007 - 02:32 PM

What's guys liking guys got to do with this anyway?:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back to the topic at hand. A lot of guys will tell you that if you're going to a higher comp piston and cam you should get a header and exhaust, then to flow enough get a pumper carb. Apparently the incremental difference the carb makes with those mods is greater than the change it makes over stock (ie. 5hp over stock, 6hp over mods).

With that said, I've got the exhaust covered and have ordered a cam and the 101mm 10.5:1 piston but won't be able to afford the carb until winter. I'm guessing I won't be able to get enough gas to these mods to make it really hum...

With all this stuff, 55hp shouldn't be unrealistic.

BRO your talking to 2 people that provide ALOT of info and opinions here so why are you trying to rag on us for a post? Noone wants to hear your mods were helping HEAVY out so make your own thread and well post alot of crap on there too!!!

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 02:33 PM

BRO your talking to 2 people that provide ALOT of info and opinions here so why are you trying to rag on us for a post? Noone wants to hear your mods were helping HEAVY out so make your own thread and well post alot of crap on there too!!!

funny s*** denn!!!

• AC-DC

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Was looking for a smiley walking out of a closet but.... :worthy:

:bonk: :ride:

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:39 PM

Was looking for a smiley walking out of a closet but.... :ride:

:bonk: :bonk:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy:

• scalejockey

Posted September 24, 2007 - 07:31 PM

Don't forget going to a stronger rod if ya opt for more comp. Honda makes a good stock rod but won't last long with more piston comp.
And what about that clutch?......valve springs? ...etc. or a little NOS. GO GO juice YA HOOO

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 07:37 PM

Don't forget going to a stronger rod if ya opt for more comp. Honda makes a good stock rod but won't last long with more piston comp.
And what about that clutch?......valve springs? ...etc. or a little NOS. GO GO juice YA HOOO

i think the stock rod is ok with piston/cam upgrades. most of the ones ive read about here have stock rods(unless they are withholding info!).:thumbsup: definately something to consider though.

• machman

Posted September 24, 2007 - 07:40 PM

Good point about the rod. These engines sometimes get rod knock. Mine had it after about 20,000kms. Some guys mistake it for valve noise, like I originally did. Be sure to check your rod to pin clearance before you re-assemble. I didn't know that's what it was until I checked tolerances with the engine apart

...that said, it doesn't seem like there are many affordable (<$500) rod options for this engine.

• Denn10

Posted September 24, 2007 - 09:01 PM

i think the stock rod is ok with piston/cam upgrades. most of the ones ive read about here have stock rods(unless they are withholding info!).:thumbsup: definately something to consider though.

yeah i havent heard anyone who has put hi comp piston/cam combo with an aftermarket rod. If your only going to 11-1 or less im sure it will last quite a while.

Good point about the rod. These engines sometimes get rod knock. Mine had it after about 20,000kms. Some guys mistake it for valve noise, like I originally did. Be sure to check your rod to pin clearance before you re-assemble. I didn't know that's what it was until I checked tolerances with the engine apart

...that said, it doesn't seem like there are many affordable (<$500) rod options for this engine.

rod knock? you mean worn out bearings but that has nothing to do with the strength of the rod just fare wear and tear that you have to up keep. Hi comp just puts a tad more strain on the rod so bearings wont last quite as long as with stock compression of 8.3-1, but these motors are proven for 15 years now with MANY MANY Ls that have had highly modded engines with very low failure rates. Any engine hop-up or rebuild should consist of all new bearings and all, But this goes for ANY engine you just dont upgrade one thing without usually doing something else to make the whole package strong and reliable

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.