wr 450 03 free mods

8 replies to this topic
  • nolzey

Posted September 24, 2007 - 03:14 AM

where can i find details of free mods for a wr 450 03. ive searched everywhere and cant find them. thanks

• clark4131

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:04 AM

ive searched everywhere and cant find them. thanks

I find that hard to believe, given the hundreds of pages on the subject. Try the second item in the FAQ sticky...SC

• nolzey

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:28 PM

thanks very much, i kept gettin the faq 250f page.

• clark4131

Posted September 25, 2007 - 05:40 AM

The same apply for the 450 with very little difference...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted September 25, 2007 - 01:55 PM

You may want to look into this too

http://www.wr450.com...inals/index.htm

• Gandalf_WR450

Posted September 26, 2007 - 05:05 PM

where can i find details of free mods for a wr 450 03. ive searched everywhere and cant find them. thanks

I had the same problem- folks would say 'study the archive and FAQ's '.
Well thats just fine if you are experienced enough to know info for the WR250F can be used on the 450, but I wasn't going to make that assumption and it wasnt clear that was the case. Good luck and ask if you can not find.

• BEAN329

Posted September 30, 2007 - 04:03 PM

I have a 03 wr450. You want to check the throttle stop, trim about 9mm of the end so you can get full throttle, remove air box snorkal. Probably richen the pilot jet and the main jet. Unplug the exhaust, I used a 1" piece of steal electrical conduit to replace the stock yamaha silencer. you are in Australia so I do not know how your bike comes stock. So always double ckeck things out before you start cutting things. Good Luck

• Nostalgic

Posted September 30, 2007 - 05:47 PM

Well thats just fine if you are experienced enough to know info for the WR250F can be used on the 450, but I wasn't going to make that assumption and it wasnt clear that was the case. Good luck and ask if you can not find.

x2. Had the same problem.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 01, 2007 - 10:14 AM

i think alot of it has to do with how you ask the question...show you care show that you have searched...dont just say i searched now give me an answer... this forum goes back to 2000 or so. there is a ton of information...people are just to lazy to do a search....im no expert and i ask questions but i try to find as much info as possible to i know what im talking about and then when i ask a question i give more than just a question. also as clark said there is a ton of info in the stickies that people tend to just skip right past:excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.