Best Boots For Big Legs

11 replies to this topic
  • jackhillis

Posted September 24, 2007 - 02:24 AM

hi does anyone know what the best boots are for really big calf muscles, and i mean really big. thanks

• dazzabb

Posted September 24, 2007 - 05:18 AM

Try Sidi Crossfire's

• snowman02

Posted September 24, 2007 - 08:13 AM

I too have the same problem with boots and my calfs. I bought a pair of Gaerne SG10 and they are wonderful. Probably the best pair of boots i have ever owned. The best price I could find at the time was at http://www.motosport.com/ they had free shipping as well. Hope this helps.

snowman

• 06crf_er

Posted September 24, 2007 - 08:19 AM

I have some large calfs as well and really like my Fox F3's. They're very comfortable and broke in quite quickly. I have had them for a few months now and they seem to be holding up pretty well. You can find them at a bunch of places for $199 or less.

Good luck man:thumbsup:

• huffster

Posted September 24, 2007 - 08:34 AM

I can also suggest the Gaerne SG-10's...Invest in about 4 "extra-long" straps for the upper 2 strap locations on each leg and go riding. I'm blessed with Gargantuan calves which are further highlighted by wearing CTI's on each leg...This setup works for me !

• Vegemite_luva

Posted September 24, 2007 - 08:58 AM

Not only do I have big calves but I also have wide feet and found Alpinestars to be the best fit. The Sidi and Fox boots were too small in the foot. Gaerne fit well but a bit too expensive for my budget. I got the Alpinestars Tech 3's for only $150!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ccoates445

Posted September 24, 2007 - 04:52 PM

The SG10's worked very well for me. I have gi-normous calf muscles from hauling my gi-normous a$$ around all these years. From the first ride I knew that they were the best riding gear investment I have ever made. :thumbsup:

• bicyclebob

Posted September 24, 2007 - 07:29 PM

I too am a freak of nature and have found that both the Sidi Saber and Crossfires are WAY comfortable, plus there is a short section of elastic or some other stretchy stuff right at the top of the cuff for a little more movement.

• Woodshop

Posted September 24, 2007 - 09:54 PM

hi does anyone know what the best boots are for really big calf muscles, and i mean really big. thanks

You have to try them on to be sure dont buy mail order there was a guy with 20" calf's and the gaernes wouldnt wrap around those trunks I would say alpinestars but just try some on.

• jackhillis

Posted September 26, 2007 - 11:50 PM

hey thanks for all the replies, yes i have some whopping big calves 19 1/2 ''.

• Jim_bo

Posted September 29, 2007 - 08:51 AM

Gaerne's are great for big calfs, plus they also have a very roomy toe box for wide feet. I like mine much better than my Tech 8s...

• ARin

Posted September 29, 2007 - 10:07 AM

sg10's

you will never buy a different boot again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.