Best bash plate 07WR

6 replies to this topic
  • resinlips

Posted September 23, 2007 - 08:22 PM

Iv'e searched and seen a few different ones. Have to toss the stock plastic 5 gallon bucket. I like the gytr enduro stump gaurd but it's a little hard on the wallet.

• xrmarty

Posted September 23, 2007 - 10:24 PM

I got the Flatlander Racing skid plate. Utah Sport Cycle skid plates are nice but I just like the look of Flatlander better. Also, the bottom bolt on the Flatlander is recessed for more protection from sheering.

• BigcahunaK

Posted September 24, 2007 - 02:21 AM

I have the flatland too, but unfortunately I cant recomend it. It attaches great to the frame in 4 points, and it looks like great protection to the lower part of the frame (which is really low on the 07). Protection for the waterpump looks not more than ok, but the Alum side wing doesnt look capable to absorb a serious hit. Protection for the brake pedal doesnt exist at all. I replaced 3 pedals in 1 month of riding and only one out of the 3 was as a result from a crash. The other two times were just while taking a tight fast corner in special tests. The bike is LOW - did I mention that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:39 AM

I got the Flatlander Racing skid plate. Utah Sport Cycle skid plates are nice but I just like the look of Flatlander better. Also, the bottom bolt on the Flatlander is recessed for more protection from sheering.

I agee, I like the Flatlander. Hit a good rock this weekend:foul: and it held up well.

• WR_Dave

Posted September 24, 2007 - 05:47 PM

Here's an older thread from the spring that covers it pretty well. :thumbsup: WR Dave.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=518023

• FastRides

Posted September 25, 2007 - 08:54 AM

Another endorsement for the Flatland plate (Utah looks of similar quality). I ride in Nevada mountains (mostly rock and sand) and have taken several significant hits on the bottom with no structural damage. Also took one on the side over the wkend that certainly would have crushed the water pump - the plate deflected the bike off a boulder and didn't bend (did bend the rear brake lever somewhat, but I don't know of a plate that would protect it :thumbsup: ). You probably can't go wrong with either one of these - definitely a great investment. Good luck. :thumbsup:

• markseaba

Posted September 25, 2007 - 09:06 AM

I have the Utah Sport Cycle one, which is the same as the TT one. IMO, for the money, about $75, you can't beat it, plus, you can buy it here!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.