finally snapped off

5 replies to this topic
  • ogrider650

Posted September 23, 2007 - 07:31 PM

well after 4 years my right footpeg snapped clean off, while i was standing up luckily i did't go down LOL so a couple high strength zip ties i made it back to camp. good thing i was gonna drop my bike off at barnums to have him do my suspension so he's gonna fix it while he's at it. just thought id share that little tidbit of information

• Denn10

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:25 AM

that sucks did you get a new pair of drawers when u got back to camp? lol

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:00 AM

LOL denn. did it break at the weld?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrider650

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:31 AM

no the bolts broke. and pretty close to needing a new pair of shorts lets just say i took a hard right LOL

• martinfan30

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:51 AM

really. wonder if i should put in some grade 8 bolts in mine? stock ones are really soft.

• ogrider650

Posted September 24, 2007 - 12:38 PM

yeah i guess it's not really the bolts but when the peg is used it begins to cup and then a gap is formed between the peg and the frame and thats when all the stress is put on the bolt. but im sure that a grade 8 will help alot!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.