what next?

6 replies to this topic
  • brian jacquemin

Posted September 22, 2007 - 10:18 PM

I have ridden an XR 650R for seven years in the Mojave area and sometimes wonder why I abuse myself with this pig that I have mixed emotions about constantly. I look at the CR 500 and think why is this bike is in the deck of cards of potential new bikes. The CR seems to be the best aggressive trail bike that is super reliable and cheap to maintain while these new CRF X's sound like they can be expensive and wear out quick. And then I debate the switch to a KTM 505xc which is tabou on this Honda site but I can only say that after this long I need a change. I need more power, agility and less weight!, basically a burly trail bike. What next?

• martinfan30

Posted September 22, 2007 - 10:36 PM

you may be out of luck if the 650r is not doing enough for you.:thumbsup:

• weskc35k

Posted September 22, 2007 - 11:04 PM

CR500AF is next.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AtomicGeo

Posted September 23, 2007 - 06:14 AM

There's still something about that 2-stroke that also appeals to me. My friend has a late-90's CR500, it's a powerful bike and more fun to ride compared to the XR650R...I suppose you can try to look for one used and not abused which may be hard to find.

• daddyk

Posted September 23, 2007 - 11:21 AM

I see a KX500AF showing up. Maybe there's Green in your future? That should make the environmentalists happy

• FZ1426

Posted September 23, 2007 - 07:57 PM

I've been in your shoes.

A CR500 is no trail bike. But if you want 5th gear 70mph effortless wheelies and to float over stuff the 650R plows through, you won't be dissappointed.

The modern 450's come pretty close to that kind of power to weight ratio, but not quite.
:thumbsup:

• weskc35k

Posted September 24, 2007 - 01:35 AM

The CR500 is a great trail bike.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.