Whip mount

9 replies to this topic
  • IrideWR

Posted September 22, 2007 - 02:50 PM

Has anyone put a whip mount on there 07 450. I haven seen any brackets for it any good Ideas? I'm going to be riding in Glames this season.:thumbsup:

• redswr

Posted September 22, 2007 - 09:46 PM

i broke my flag 3 times with one of the swingarm mounts as soon as i hit 5th gear... i bought one from Hines Racing and it works pretty good except it rubs on your # plates and leaves marks.

those asteriscs are making me mad... anyone else?

• clark4131

Posted September 22, 2007 - 11:13 PM

I didn't see a direct listing for the '07, but these folks might have what you need. I have the subframe bracket and it works great...SC

• IrideWR

Posted September 23, 2007 - 09:30 AM

Thanks that will get me started.

• Dube2

Posted September 24, 2007 - 05:28 AM

saw a few guys doing this, cut the whip down and mounted it to thier back pack/chest protector. is that legal? not sure, I also did it for my 5-year old on his 50cc. I personally had a swing arm bracket on my WR and trashed the pipe and plate:thumbsdn:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted September 24, 2007 - 06:36 AM

I ran this on my CRF450R and I never broke a whip. I went through 4-5 flags with a swingarm mounted holder.:thumbsup: Avoid those at all costs.

http://www.flickwhip.com/

• taksx

Posted September 24, 2007 - 11:32 AM

I ran this on my CRF450R and I never broke a whip. I went through 4-5 flags with a swingarm mounted holder.:thumbsup: Avoid those at all costs.

http://www.flickwhip.com/

Ditto on the flick whip :thumbsup:

• kskyles

Posted September 24, 2007 - 01:04 PM

i drilled a hole in my fender, right behind the seat - then put some large washers on both sides. cut down the flag so it won't be too tall....but i don't really care about plastics.

• redswr

Posted September 24, 2007 - 10:02 PM

one thing i do with my flags now is to get electrical tape and wrap the whole shaft twice with it... haven't broken a flag yet.

• pjmetro

Posted September 25, 2007 - 04:53 PM

Ditto on the flick whip :thumbsup:

Flick whip for me too, Three seasons with no brocken whips:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.