98' Yzf 400 Backfiring

6 replies to this topic
  • heineken4menotu

Posted September 22, 2007 - 01:30 PM

WHEN EVER I HIT THE GAS THEN LET OFF AND IT BACKFIRES EVERYTIME. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS. YOU GUY GOT ANY IDEA? I WAS THINKING THAT THE PIPE NEEDS TO BE REPACKED. I'M STILL PRETTY NEW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted September 22, 2007 - 01:38 PM

WHEN EVER I HIT THE GAS THEN LET OFF AND IT BACKFIRES EVERYTIME. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS. YOU GUY GOT ANY IDEA? I WAS THINKING THAT THE PIPE NEEDS TO BE REPACKED. I'M STILL PRETTY NEW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to TT. 2 common things cause backfiring. 1) An exhaust leak. 2) its too lean, try turning the fuel screw out about a 1/2 turn.

• heineken4menotu

Posted September 22, 2007 - 02:33 PM

Welcome to TT. 2) its too lean, try turning the fuel screw out about a 1/2 turn.

I TRIED TO DO THAT BUT THE SCREW WON'T MOVE ITS LIKE IT STUCK IN ONE SPOT OR OR SOMETHING. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted September 22, 2007 - 02:44 PM

Take the carb off and flip it up side down. Spray a penetrating oil on the screw and let it soak for awhile.

• grayracer513

Posted September 22, 2007 - 04:13 PM

...And turn your caps lock off. :thumbsup:

• heineken4menotu

Posted September 22, 2007 - 06:31 PM

...And turn your caps lock off. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I'm glad you remebered to tell me that. you are so helpful,maybe you should be a preschool teacher

• grayracer513

Posted September 22, 2007 - 06:47 PM

Typing in all caps in written communications is a basic breach of etiquette, as it gives the reader the impression he is being yelled at. When people are approached in a discourteous manner, they often find themselves less inclined to be helpful than they normally are. In any case, 642 provided you with the answers you need.

maybe you should be a preschool teacher

There are certainly times when I feel like one. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.