emergency cooling question...1998 400

7 replies to this topic
  • gbalias

Posted September 22, 2007 - 12:32 PM

why would there be coolant coming out of the small hole under the w/pump housing?

w/p seals bad???

ive got a track day tomorrow and no time to work on it. :thumbsup:

• gbalias

Posted September 22, 2007 - 12:51 PM

pleeeeeaase??

• 642MX

Posted September 22, 2007 - 01:35 PM

why would there be coolant coming out of the small hole under the w/pump housing?

w/p seals bad???

ive got a track day tomorrow and no time to work on it. :thumbsup:

Yep. The seals are bad. The shaft may have grooves cut on it from the seals aswell. If its not leaking real bad its okay to ride. Just check your coolant level during the day.

• gbalias

Posted September 22, 2007 - 02:06 PM

damn. well, ive got my GF on a wild goose chase for the seals. i think 1 dealer has em. bad thing though, i get outta work at midnight, gotta be at the track 1.5hours away at 730am. gonna be a loooong night.

wasnt leaking 2 days ago when i test rode it. and it just drips constantly.....ill play it safe and get her all new seals.

thanx a million 642.

the ol clunker:
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted September 22, 2007 - 02:47 PM

Your welcome. I didn't know it was a super moto bike. Pretty cool. I definitely wouldn't recommend dripping coolant on asphalt. Thats how Henry got hurt.

• gbalias

Posted September 22, 2007 - 03:18 PM

yea...thats why i need it fixed. i doubt track officials would even let me go out.

• stnkbg1

Posted September 22, 2007 - 09:39 PM

I just had the same thing happen on my 400 supermoto as well. Changing the seals isn't too bad a job, but a bit time consuming and a little bit of a PITA. just make sure you get the case seal as well as the oil/water seals so that you dont end up trading one leak for another.

Dallas

• gbalias

Posted September 23, 2007 - 01:06 AM

well...2am and i just finished. time to get 3 hours of sleep and hit the stateline sm event.

thanks for your help guys!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.