Quick reminder for all those getting new bikes

Its definitely something I'm not good at. The last thing I want to do is take my brand new bike apart for maintenance.

I'm pretty sure that the more bikes they can lube with one container the more money they save. Plus, you might be motivated to buy their grease too.

Take a pair of pants for example. The button on the pants costs 3cents to buy and they have been using it for awhile. They then find a button for 2cents at slightly lower quality so they switch to that. 1 cent isn't much but if they sell 1 million pairs of pants thats $10,000 they get to keep.

I just finished going through my "08" 450. Its amazing how little grease is used. But I feel better now that Ive gone through and done it. Its also imprtant to clean the brake rotors off with contact cleaner as they are shipped with a coating to reduce rust from shipping. If not well your rotors are cooked!

• 2 weeks later...
KAS, I thought you got a YZ250. Did you switch to 4st? This is Jake, the guy who bought your 300.

Hi Jake, I somehow missed your post. :confused:

Yes, I gave in to the hype and went with a 4-stroke. So far so good, I really like it. The only issue I have with it right now is its kinda high-strung for really technical stuff, but I'm hoping to cure that with a heavier flywheel.

Other than that its awesome!

The YZ250 is up for sale. I'd love to keep it as its a great bike, but its gonna pay for the 450, so oh well.

BTW glad to see the 300 is getting put to good use!