Wierd electrical problem.

1 reply to this topic
  • stnkbg1

Posted September 22, 2007 - 10:51 AM

I've got a baja designs dual sport kit on my 99 YZ400 super moto, and last night my lights started acting up. I was on my way home from a party at like 2am and had been riding on the freeway for about 25min at fairly high rpm. Once I exited the freeway and started going slow on side streets I noticed that my lights were getting really dim. I rev'd the bike a few times, and the light would get brighter momentarily but dim back down. By the time I made it to my house I had virtually no lights at all. Also, normally a ride that long would have charged the battery enough to run the lights a bit after shutting it off, but I had nothing.

This morning i pulled the seat to check connections, everything looked good. I fired up the bike, and everything was back to normal. WTH? Is it possible for the stator to overheat or something? What else is there to manage power? The BD kit was on the bike when I got it, so I really dont know much about how it works.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chadta

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:35 PM

i dunno what to tell ya dood, i have an 00 yz426 and it was doing the same thing, so i just took the battery out, i think its cuz th elittle battery i was using wasnt meant to be totally discharged and then recharged, but im not sure, just make sure to keep the revs up if theres cops around

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.