Will 450 pipes fit on a yz400f?

2 replies to this topic
  • heineken4menotu

Posted September 21, 2007 - 02:15 PM

I've been looking around for a nice pipe for my 400 but not too many choices are out there. So i was wondering if a 450's pipe will fit on my bike. I went to dr. d racing and i picked a pipe and they have the 400 pipe in the same section as the 450. can someone help?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 21, 2007 - 02:24 PM

Some from the early '03-'05 models will fit. The '06+ won't. Some filing and tweaking is occasionally necessary, though. If you're curious about anything from Dubach Racing Development, call them and ask them. They'll tell you whether it will work or not.

• yz454

Posted September 21, 2007 - 07:22 PM

Do not use the 450 it hase to pipe area.It will kill the bottom.Get a used 426 pipe will work better than most after market pipes.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.