08 yz 450 clutch problems?

3 replies to this topic
  • todds924

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:35 PM

Just wondering if any 08 450 owners have had any problems with the clutches in there bikes. After burning 10 laps at the track yesterday, I noticed i had way to much freeplay at the lever. Enough to stall the bike in corners. I adjusted the freeplay properly at that point and rode 10 more laps. No problems. I came in and let the bike sit for 20 minutes and the clutch cable was tight as a bowstring. This is not good during a 30 minute moto. Can't pull over and adjust the clutch in the middle of it. Never had this problem with my 06. From what I understand they have changed some components from 06 to 08? What do you guys think?

• wes782

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:57 PM

wut are you riding it like a 125?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kx1984

Posted September 20, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Same thing happens to mine. One of the Magazines mentioned it aswell. I think this will make up leave the clutch alone. Sure like that light pull though. Make sure to readjust when it cools down or it will burn up super quick. Fortunately I never race 30 minute motos. I think that is reseved for the Pros. Most of my local races are 5 laps and I had no problem with it this past weekends race.

• mitocross

Posted September 20, 2007 - 11:34 PM

This always happens to me on my 06. It was greater when in the first months of use. After that it is just a slight adjustment.
Just remember to use the same old rule as on the other bikes, leave 0,5 cm freeplay at the tip of the clutch lever and it will be ok. I race 30+ motos.
Don't adjust the clutch after the moto. Leave it until just before the next moto. This makes the difference in the clutch feeling overtightened after the bike cools down a bit.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.