05 WR450F ignition

3 replies to this topic
  • evil_92627

Posted September 20, 2007 - 10:46 AM

I have a '05 WR450F and continually forget to turn off the ignition button, killing my battery. Is the draw only from the red light on the ignition swith or does the switch go to something else that my be drawing current when switched on. My goal is to by pass the on/off button and wire it to be on all the time if possible.

thanks

• trailordune

Posted September 20, 2007 - 05:41 PM

It is just the light drawing juice. I installed a keyed ignition that I generally leave on with no loss of battery power.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jpfire

Posted September 21, 2007 - 09:17 PM

You can also just get a battery tender and no more worries. About 30 bucks or so. Ciao JP :thumbsup:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 22, 2007 - 10:49 AM

Just pop the little button off of your kill switch. THe kill switch won't work and you will be forced to shut the bike off using the ignition switch.

problem solved.

I've left that thing on for a couple weeks before and my bike started up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.